Windows 10: New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months.

Discus and support New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My newly purchased PC (received July 2018) has been bricked again by a forced automatic update (even with updates switched off). The first time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielWathen, Apr 12, 2019.

1. New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months.

My newly purchased PC (received July 2018) has been bricked again by a forced automatic update (even with updates switched off).

The first time happened within 2 months of receiving the new product - it was eventually sent off for repairs under warranty, the motherboard was bricked. It bricked in September, received it from repairs with replaced motherboard in January.

New update, 2019 April 13, bricked this morning after update started in the evening.

Same symptoms, same result. Computer loaded fine, finished up the remaining updates, rebooted, stuck at motherboard screen perpetually.

Two times, in 6 months?

Really, Microsoft?

I demand compensation.

:)

DanielWathen, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 12, 2019
  4. New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months.

Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months. 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months. 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months.

1. New PC Bricked by Windows 10 Update - Again! 2nd Time in 6 months. - Similar Threads - Bricked Update Again

2. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  3. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  4. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. again for this monthly update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    again for this monthly update: As expected, update has an error on my machine. Last month I was barely retrieve it by performing clean installation. I dont care about my apps since I can re install it anytime but the files needs to back up again. I dont want to perform another clean installation for this...
  6. again for this monthly update

again for this monthly update: As expected, update has an error on my machine. Last month I was barely retrieve it by performing clean installation. I dont care about my apps since I can re install it anytime but the files needs to back up again. I dont want to perform another clean installation for this...
  7. again for this monthly update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. PC been crashing for 6 months.

PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  9. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  10. PC has been bricked by the new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC has been bricked by the new update: Update has bricked my pc - got stuck in a boot loop, couldn't reset, couldn't roll back windows update. Startup recovery didn't work. I did a clean install and everything was working fine untill I tried installing the video drivers - got a BSOD and got stuck in the same boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update bricked pc