Windows 10: New PC, BSOD (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) while playing Bloodstained

Discus and support New PC, BSOD (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) while playing Bloodstained in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey y'all! This is the first time I've ever had such problems, so your help is very much appreciated. I haven't played many games on this thing yet, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glumbert1, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Glumbert1 Win User

New PC, BSOD (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) while playing Bloodstained

Hey y'all! This is the first time I've ever had such problems, so your help is very much appreciated. I haven't played many games on this thing yet, as it is only 3 days in use, but Apex Legends and Overwatch seem to work fine while Bloodstained does not -- it always crashes, sometimes after an hour into the game, sometimes even before I can hit the title screen.

BlueScreenView seems to point its fingers towards ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll.

I did the Driver Verifier process and have uploaded the zip, hopefully it worked out and you can find all the relevant info there. Thanks very much in advance!

:)

Glumbert1, Jul 23, 2019
  2. tycho5ive Win User

Surface Pro 3 PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

after about a week of no issues, I just suffered another PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD today. I wonder if I have a defective type cover.

tycho5ive, Jul 23, 2019
  3. tycho5ive Win User
    Surface Pro 3 PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

I've run SFC /scannow and DISM and I'm still getting the PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD. My surface is up to date, I have no idea what to do about this. It's so annoying.

tycho5ive, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. New PC, BSOD (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) while playing Bloodstained - Similar Threads - BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT while

2. new PC crashing while playing videogames.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new PC crashing while playing videogames.: Hello, I'm experiencing relatively regular crashes playing certain videogames on my new desktop, the main culprit being Battlefield 2042. After a few minutes of playing, my screens go slightly pixellated for a brief second and then the PC shuts down and reboots. These are the...
  3. new PC crashing while playing videogames.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new PC crashing while playing videogames.: Hello, I'm experiencing relatively regular crashes playing certain videogames on my new desktop, the main culprit being Battlefield 2042. After a few minutes of playing, my screens go slightly pixellated for a brief second and then the PC shuts down and reboots. These are the...
  4. BSOD while playing

BSOD while playing: Hello,About 1 month ago I have built fresh PC and had no issues with it so far. I was running slight undervolt on my 4080 with stock CPU clocks and had no trouble in games like COD Vanguard, Hogwarts Legacy, Witcher 3 I was gaming for 3 hours and never had BSOD until I...
  5. BSOD while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing: Hello,About 1 month ago I have built fresh PC and had no issues with it so far. I was running slight undervolt on my 4080 with stock CPU clocks and had no trouble in games like COD Vanguard, Hogwarts Legacy, Witcher 3 I was gaming for 3 hours and never had BSOD until I...
  6. BSOD while playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello, I've found this question many times but from what I understand, every case is different. If you can take a look at this one I would highly appreciate it.The error sometimes happens when the laptop wakes up from sleep mode.The dump file is available on this link.> I...
  8. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello, I've found this question many times but from what I understand, every case is different. If you can take a look at this one I would highly appreciate it.The error sometimes happens when the laptop wakes up from sleep mode.The dump file is available on this link.> I...
  9. Windows BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Please Help

Windows BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Please Help: Could you please trouble shoot this BSOD? Dumpfile, MS Info, Speccy: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8uwn0ei1e2f79fm/AACZRUMiS42eKVh5nu52MzVWa?dl=0...
  10. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: When I unpluged the battery charge cable and standby the device for a while, it will show me a Green Screen. The stopcode is: PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Failure file is: pdc.sys. Download the dump file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnNEVkJDW4FLpSsuielKrGryxZUk...