Windows 10: New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time

Discus and support New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. I recently built a new PC and I've been getting these BSoD crashes when my PC is under load. This generally happens once a day after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Setom92, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Setom92 Win User

New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time

Hey guys. I recently built a new PC and I've been getting these BSoD crashes when my PC is under load. This generally happens once a day after a few hours of gaming. Basically what happens is that my monitors will turn off then turn back on and everything will be extremely laggy for a short time before the computer freezes then crashes.

I've made sure my video card driver is up to date as well as my motherboard's main drivers (chipset, audio, etc.) Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks.

Quick note, I got an error at the end of the V2 Log Collector that stated:

Remove-Item : Access to the cloud file is denied
    At C:\Users\vkung\Downloads\V2Collector\resources\main.ps1:475 char:3
    + Remove-Item -Path $Path -Recurse -Force | Out-Null
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time :)) [Remove-Item], Win32Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand

Windows Version Number: Build 19041.572

Crash Info: Dropbox - DESKTOP-DE8Q91A-(2020-10-17_00-59-14).zip - Simplify your life

:)

Setom92, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 17, 2020
  3. My new PC and Tablet PC

Hi Alfa,

As per the information, I suggest that you refer to the article below and check if you are able to rectify the BSOD's that you are faced with.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

As for the issue with the Acer PC, I suggest that you Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether
    multiple programs are running at the same time. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 17, 2020
  4. New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time

BSOD help with new PC

Hi,

My new PC (Win 10) has a BSOD every few minutes with a DPC Watchdog violation.

I've followed a number of the typical debug steps:

• Updated drivers inc. chipset and graphics
    • In device manager checked IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the driver is storahci.sys and I've tried to updated using the Standard SATA AHCI Controller on my PC
    • No external devices are attached
    • removed AV
    • Disabled Sound drivers in device manager

Still the problems are occurring frequently. I have a minidmp file here: 012718-5515-01.dmp

and there is also a 700MB memory.dmp that I can share if it is helpful?

Grateful for any advice that anyone can share. Thanks in advance.

KrisCoverdale, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time

1. New PC BSoD When Under Load For a Bit of Time - Similar Threads - BSoD Under Load

2. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  3. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  4. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New PC crashes when under heavy load Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC crashes when under heavy load Windows 11: I got a brand new PC, a fresh new installation of windows 11. But when I do many tasks at once, like multiple file explorer windows open, various chrome tabs, the PC freezes. Sometimes, e.g. you can still listen to the sound of the video I was watching. Sometimes, the entire...
  6. New PC crashes when under heavy load Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC crashes when under heavy load Windows 11: I got a brand new PC, a fresh new installation of windows 11. But when I do many tasks at once, like multiple file explorer windows open, various chrome tabs, the PC freezes. Sometimes, e.g. you can still listen to the sound of the video I was watching. Sometimes, the entire...
  7. PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load

PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load: Hello all. I've never written on this so I'm very new to this but i have a terrible problem that i need help with ASAP. So I'm running a custom built PC with an i9-9900k, GTX 1080, a 650 W PSU, and 16 GB of RAM. And i live stream a lot on twitch/youtube. Whenever I'm not...
  8. BSOD under load and idle

BSOD under load and idle: I welcome. The laptop began to reboot quite often. When viewing video on the Internet or when I play games. Started check of random access memory. I don't know already what to do. Excuse for the curve translation, I badly know English. Attachment 123963 Attachment 123964...
  9. BSOD when pc is under stress

BSOD when pc is under stress: Hello, It has been a couple of months since my desktop computer started to having BSODs, usually when i'm playing. By now i'm almost certain it is hardware malfunction but can't really narrow out the faulty part. Things I've already tried: -Memtest -> No errors -SSD...
  10. Various BSOD while PC is under load.

Various BSOD while PC is under load.: Hi there, Ever since I built my new PC I have been experiencing various BSOD including: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED From my own research I discovered that these were typically related to drivers. I have installed all drivers and verified they...