Windows 10: New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

Discus and support New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just built a new PC. Installed windows 11 from a bootable usb. Entered a valid product key etc. After a few minutes in windows trying to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyler Cade1, Feb 21, 2024.

1. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

I just built a new PC. Installed windows 11 from a bootable usb. Entered a valid product key etc. After a few minutes in windows trying to download files or just browsing my PC black screens but stays running. No lights come on, on the mobo when this happens and the only way to get the display back is to manually reboot my PC. I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 11 with no luck. Moved RAM around to different slots and made sure they were on the Mobos QVL.

:)

Tyler Cade1, Feb 21, 2024
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 21, 2024
  3. black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 21, 2024
  4. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

1. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11 - Similar Threads - build black screens

2. Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.: This started this morning. It turns on and works fine but after a few minutes the screen freezes sometimes parts becomes distorted and then goes black. It doesn't shut off it just goes black. It gave me a stop code. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. Does anyone know what that means?....
  3. Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freezing and going black after a few minutes.: This started this morning. It turns on and works fine but after a few minutes the screen freezes sometimes parts becomes distorted and then goes black. It doesn't shut off it just goes black. It gave me a stop code. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. Does anyone know what that means?....
  4. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11: I just built a new PC. Installed windows 11 from a bootable usb. Entered a valid product key etc. After a few minutes in windows trying to download files or just browsing my PC black screens but stays running. No lights come on, on the mobo when this happens and the only way...
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  7. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. PC Blue-Screens after a few minutes of loading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Blue-Screens after a few minutes of loading.: I've figured out which button I needed to press to get boot it into Windows Recovery options so I waited and let it load hoping it will but after a few minutes of waiting at the please wait screen I got a blue-screen which said this [IMG] I don't know why this happens I've...
  10. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen death a few minutes after working normally: I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different. Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop it boots up OK and I can get as far as my desktop. The taskbar settles in nicely and all seems fine. But if I open...