Windows 10: New PC Build. Bluetooth completely missing from windows..

Discus and support New PC Build. Bluetooth completely missing from windows.. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. First post here. Windows 10 64 bit Home 1909 (Build 18363) I recently completed building a powerful new PC. Unfortunately my motherboard (Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jrockwell, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Jrockwell Win User

New PC Build. Bluetooth completely missing from windows..

Hello. First post here. Windows 10 64 bit Home 1909 (Build 18363)

I recently completed building a powerful new PC. Unfortunately my motherboard (Asus Prime X570 Pro) Does not include bluetooth functionality.

I want to use a bluetooth peripheral gamepad (Sony DS4), so I purchased a small USB bluetooth dongle as I have in the past. I plugged it in and nothing happened.

I went into device manager to find the bluetooth section is not even there?! I also do not have a bluetooth on/off toggle in 'Bleuetooth and other devices' section of Settings.

The dongle does show up in device manager USB devices as CSR8510 A10, and it says the drivers for it are current. It showed up in my bluetooth and other devices section under 'other devices' (at the bottom) with a bluetooth emblem next to it.

I ran bluetooth troubleshooter, which told me to..... get this. BUY A DONGLE...

I also downloaded bluetooth drivers from here Download Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) for Windows(R) 10 to no avail.

So I am out of ideas at this point. I even pushed a windows update to see if that would solve it. nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: After some deep google diving I found a somewhat universal looking bluetooth driver here CSR8510 A10 Bluetooth Driver | Operating System Revival

After install and reboot, I now have a 'Bluetooth Radios' section in device manager. When I click the dropdown it only has 'CSR Bluetooth Radio" as an option. Nothing actually works still, but a step in the right direction?

:)

Jrockwell, Jan 3, 2020

2. Bluetooth icon missing

Hi Peter,

The issue is quite unclear and incomplete for us to determine. We’d like to request for a clarification from your concerns for us to understand you better. To help us provide you an accurate answer, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Is the Bluetooth icon missing in the Action Center?
    • Is your Bluetooth device currently inserted?
    • Can we have a screenshot of the interface where your Bluetooth went missing?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Bluetooth icon missing on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Bluetooth on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 3, 2020
  4. New PC Build. Bluetooth completely missing from windows..

Bluetooth not existing after format of PC.

Hi,

If your Bluetooth hardware is missing after resetting your PC, this can be a result of a corrupted, outdated, or missing driver. As an initial step to get Bluetooth working, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Click the drop-down arrow for the Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown devices listed in Device Manager section to view the appropriate steps.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

New PC Build. Bluetooth completely missing from windows..

1. New PC Build. Bluetooth completely missing from windows.. - Similar Threads - Build Bluetooth completely

2. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth completely missing: Hi guys, I have Acer Aspire 3 laptop with Windows 10, the Bluetooth was working perfectly, I've even connected couple of devices to it before but just few days back, I can't find the Bluetooth icon nor the toggle button from the Bluetooth section in systemsettings, I run some...
  3. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth completely missing: Hi guys, I have Acer Aspire 3 laptop with Windows 10, the Bluetooth was working perfectly, I've even connected couple of devices to it before but just few days back, I can't find the Bluetooth icon nor the toggle button from the Bluetooth section in systemsettings, I run some...
  4. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth completely disappeared from the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth completely disappeared from the PC: My Bluetooth has disappeared. No Bluetooth in Device Manager and no icon in taskbar, no on / off switch in Bluetooth settings, no Bluetooth button in notification center. What can I do to fix this?...
  6. Bluetooth Missing from PC

Bluetooth Missing from PC: Hi my bluetooth in my PC is missing. I tried all the steps I found in the forum but I didnt work. I went to Device Manager and found the Bluetooth Device in the Hidden Device, by right clicking it, it is totally empty. Seems like the whole bluetooth is removed from my PC....
  7. Bluetooth Missing Completely

Bluetooth Missing Completely: I looked on other posts already and none of the solutions will work. Basically, Bluetooth is completely missing from my device. I can't add it to the action center, its not in the device manager, and there is no option to enable it in the settings. This is my first time...
  8. Bluetooth completely missing

Bluetooth completely missing: After the 30 NOV 2020 update Bluetooth started dropping the mouse and would not reconnect. Troubleshooting got it as far as 'Turning on Bluetooth' and it endlessly cycled. In Settings if the bar was clicked on it would turn blue, but showed every thing paired had Bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth completely gone from PC

Bluetooth completely gone from PC: My Bluetooth is gone. No Bluetooth in Device Manager, no icon in taskbar, no on/off switch in the bluetooth setting, no bluetooth button in the notification center,...nothing. The only bluetooth related thing i have on my pc right now, is the Bluetooth Service in...
  10. Bluetooth completely missing

Bluetooth completely missing: I recently updated my HP Elitebook 2760p from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I've noticed that all my Bluetooth functionality is gone. I can't even find where to turn it on anymore. I went to HP site and downloaded the Bluetooth driver and still nothing. Has anyone been able to...