Windows 10: New PC build BSOD errors

Discus and support New PC build BSOD errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently built a new PC and in it's original form, it worked fine. Had an issue with the top PCI-e slot being faulty though, so had to replace the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luke193, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Luke193 Win User

New PC build BSOD errors

I've recently built a new PC and in it's original form, it worked fine. Had an issue with the top PCI-e slot being faulty though, so had to replace the motherboard. The new motherboard had no issues with the top PCI-e slot, however, after a few days it started to randomly blue screen.

I've tried a number of things including; completely reinstalling windows and deleting everything on C drive, replacing the RAM sticks Microsoft tech support suggestion, checking memory is functional, SSD is functional etc. but nothing is working. Full list of what I've tried shown on the Microsoft support page the advisor stopped replying so posting a new question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=ee4a47d5-6935-43ae-9f8e-49133a7a627b

Generally, it seems to occur most often when playing games but not always. What happens now is it will throw up a BSOD, with different errors each time, then when I try to turn it back on it instantly turns back off and will continue to do this unless I unplug the PC. After a while, I can turn it back on with no issue and continue to use my PC like normal for a number of hours at a time. Thought this might be to do with temps but they all seem fine.

I've included the minidump files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnRK1uL2NnNphRu3Qqs1713t8Tdm?e=02ilAz

Components used:

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz

ADATA XPG Battlecruiser Super Mid-Tower ATX PC Gaming Case

Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD

Cooler Master Hyper 212

Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz Octa Core LGA1151 CPU

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G5, 80 Plus Gold 750W

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Luke193, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Masea Win User

New PC build BSOD errors

BSOD on a New Build PC During Windows 10 Installation

I just bought a brand new build PC. Whenever I try to install Windows 10 with a USB drive, it basically can't boot that installation progress. I choose the UEFI option to boot my USB, then ASUS logo and sometimes Windows logo appear with loading icon below starting to spin but after half a second, I get a BSOD says a stop code called "APCI_BIOS_ERROR" and it reboots my PC.

My PC Specs:

• Asus Prime B450-M K Motherboard
    • Ryzen 5 2500X Processor
    • Adata XPG 3000Mhz DDR4 8GB RAM
    • Toshiba TR200 480GB SSD
    • Asus ROG Strix RX570 GPU
    • Cooler Master Elite V3 600W PSU

By the way, there was an update for my BIOS, and yes I updated it but the result stays the same. I also replaced my RAM in each slot but it didn't do any good. And I tested my RAM with Memtest86, 0 errors found.

Thanks in advance guys.

Masea, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

New PC build BSOD errors

1. New PC build BSOD errors - Similar Threads - build BSOD errors

2. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build BSOD: Hello, I recently built a micro ITX PC. Everything seems to run great, but it gets a random Blue Screen of Death every few hours.I have done all the basic troubleshooting with drivers, repairing system files, updates, etc… I need further help pulling and reading logs to...
  3. BSOD on new PC Build

BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  4. New PC build, BSOD, multiple errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build, BSOD, multiple errors: Hi,I have a new build and I'm experiencing BSODs since the installation processI managed to install the OS on the NVME disk on a different machine but even if I'm able to boot I'm getting a BSOD after around a couple of minutesI tried to check the Event Viewer but I see a lot...
  5. New PC build, BSOD, multiple errors

New PC build, BSOD, multiple errors: Hi,I have a new build and I'm experiencing BSODs since the installation processI managed to install the OS on the NVME disk on a different machine but even if I'm able to boot I'm getting a BSOD after around a couple of minutesI tried to check the Event Viewer but I see a lot...
  6. New PC build, BSOD, multiple errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New PC Build BSOD

New PC Build BSOD: Today I put together my new PC with the following specs:* Ryzen 5600x w/ stock cooler* Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC replace a MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi that I thought was the problem* Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz ram* MSI RX570 Left over from previous build* Corsair RM650x power...
  8. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  9. BSOD on a new PC Build

BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  10. New Build PC Multiple BSOD Errors

New Build PC Multiple BSOD Errors: Having just built a home office PC I'm experiencing various and random BSOD errors. Sometimes the machine boots fine, other times I get the below errors and lots of crashes, but in no particular pattern. - Memory Management - System Service Exception - Bad Pool Headers...