Windows 10: New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find

Discus and support New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently just put together my first PC but I have been getting lots of crashes and BSODs. The crashes seem to come when I am playing audio or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sushi432, May 31, 2020.

1. sushi432 Win User

New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find

I've recently just put together my first PC but I have been getting lots of crashes and BSODs. The crashes seem to come when I am playing audio or video, but that's the only connection I can see. I've spent hours researching online and troubleshooting the BSOD codes, but they always seem to be different. I have updated all of my drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website and run memtest86 with no errors. I've performed two clean installs already and checked all of the power and motherboard connections. I also ran chkdsk and sfc with no errors.

Here is the build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sushi4/saved/

I have the .dmp file from the last BSOD with error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, as well as the msinfo32 output file, and can share them.

Any help would be appreciated. This is very frustrating, as my components are all brand new.

:)

sushi432, May 31, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, May 31, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 31, 2020
  4. dumbunni Win User

Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide

step by step trouble shooting

thank you keakar..have printed out the info...for the future build I plan....very helpful

dumbunni, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find - Similar Threads - build BSODs taken

2. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build BSOD: Hello, I recently built a micro ITX PC. Everything seems to run great, but it gets a random Blue Screen of Death every few hours.I have done all the basic troubleshooting with drivers, repairing system files, updates, etc… I need further help pulling and reading logs to...
  3. BSOD on new PC Build

BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  4. New PC Build BSOD

New PC Build BSOD: Today I put together my new PC with the following specs:* Ryzen 5600x w/ stock cooler* Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC replace a MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi that I thought was the problem* Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz ram* MSI RX570 Left over from previous build* Corsair RM650x power...
  5. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  6. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included: I have been experiencing system instability for a few weeks now. My desktop PC would start giving bluescreen crash reports more and more frequently. I started with a reinstall of windows but this did not fix the issue. I then started to run diagnostics and troubleshooting...
  8. Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken: What I've done so far: Allow computer to sleep [ATTACH] Checked power requests [ATTACH] But there is no corresponding Windows Update service (USOSvc) in Task Manager Services. [ATTACH] What else can I do? [img] 167605
  9. steps taken for infected Pc's.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    steps taken for infected Pc's.: I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected. thx 40829
  10. Steps taken for a clean PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Steps taken for a clean PC: Hi Guys, I was just wondering what steps you take to keep your PC's running smooth, fast, virus and malware free whether it is on a daily, weekly, monthly to yearly basis. Please write done all steps even if it is from command line or software. I greatly appreciate it....