Windows 10: New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB

Discus and support New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC parts build date 21/11/2020 Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B550-A CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x GPU: RTX 3070 Founders Edition SSD: 500gb Samsung Evo 970pro Ram:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lastsunbreaker, Dec 3, 2020.

1. New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB

PC parts build date 21/11/2020

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B550-A

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: RTX 3070 Founders Edition

SSD: 500gb Samsung Evo 970pro

Ram: Adata XPG 3200mhz 16gb

PSU: EVGA B3 850W 80+ PSU

Case: Phanteks P400a

Since Asus support is lackluster, I'm going to ask here. My main problem right now is that I can't install windows from boot usb. I've tried combinations of things but it doesn't work. What happens when I tried to boot from USB without changing settings CSM disabled, default settings, nothing loads and the PC automatically resets. When CSM is enabled I get a black screen with flickering underscore and the slight blimp of the windows logo before rebooting itself this keeps looping unless i boot into bios or shut it down.

Please help, I've been on Asus support for 2 weeks, they don't seem to help.

Attached is a google sheets document of all the things I've tried:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lTS-AuIXSSKuAh1pxPo1ZzZszKkQNcH80wS30fw2sI0/edit?usp=drivesdk

:)

lastsunbreaker, Dec 3, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 3, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 3, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB

1. New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB - Similar Threads - Build Can't Boot

2. Can not boot/ install windows on my new build pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not boot/ install windows on my new build pc.: I just build my custum pcryzen 5 7600asrock b650 pro rs wifirx 6600 xt the computer starts up and opens bios. I also have an external drive that has windows download on it. while pluging it in and starting windows install. It will just ahow asrock logo. please help....
  3. Can not boot/ install windows on my new build pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not boot/ install windows on my new build pc.: I just build my custum pcryzen 5 7600asrock b650 pro rs wifirx 6600 xt the computer starts up and opens bios. I also have an external drive that has windows download on it. while pluging it in and starting windows install. It will just ahow asrock logo. please help....
  4. Can't install windows 11 on new build pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows 11 on new build pc: When the windows install reaches the connect to internet stage nothing happens, I have tried the shift+F10 but the command prompt does not come up. It is an Asus Rog Strix B650E-E motherboard. I am at a loss on what to do....
  5. Can't install windows 11 on new build pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 11 on new build pc: When the windows install reaches the connect to internet stage nothing happens, I have tried the shift+F10 but the command prompt does not come up. It is an Asus Rog Strix B650E-E motherboard. I am at a loss on what to do....
  6. Can't Install Windows from Official USB on New Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Windows from Official USB on New Build: After multiple attempts I am here. Having just completed a new build Asus Prime z490-a / Intel 10900k / Samsung 970 Evo M.2 I of course intended to install windows next. I have an official USB that was sealed with a product key card. No mater what I do all I get to is a black...
  7. Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build

Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a gaming PC that I've built. Here are the specs: Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB x2 M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SATA SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB GPU: PowerColor AXRX...
  8. New PC build new window usb not installing

New PC build new window usb not installing: Built my son a new gaming pc, have done a few of these but brand new windows usb install key wont install, will make a new key but hoping issue is fixable as new key not cheap...
  9. New build pc not booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build pc not booting: Hi My grandson has just built his first PC, unfortunately it doesn’t work....nothing displays on the monitor, not even the Post messages....the monitor works ok on a different PC has been tried with the HDMI and VGA ports. the Mobo lights up and the cpu fan runs. I...
  10. New build, can't install windows (USB drive)

New build, can't install windows (USB drive): Hi, Running into issues when trying to install Windows on my new build. Have tried multiple times and keep running into the same issue. Been trying to find a solution for hours but hitting dead ends. I boot with the USB drive inserted and the Windows logo shows up,...