Windows 10: New PC build - Defect GPU?

Discus and support New PC build - Defect GPU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! after Posting multiple threads in the official amd Forum & support without getting any answers. I'm trying my luck here. I'm a NVIDIA user but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tgodtaylor, Jan 25, 2020.

1. New PC build - Defect GPU?

Hello!
    after Posting multiple threads in the official amd Forum & support without getting any answers. I'm trying my luck here.

I'm a NVIDIA user but because of the market boom of AMD Im proud to get a Radeon 5700. So I changed my graphicscard + Mainboard + CPU to AMD. Ryzen 7 2700 and MSI X570-A PRO.
    The purchased MSI OC MECH Radeon 5700 from Amazon came original packet. From a serious seller.

When I install the graphics Driver. It hangs at the first step in Adrenalin Edition. "Checking for systemcompatibility"
    (Screenshot)

The System is Windows 1903 (newest one). Without antivirus or Software installed/enable. It makes no difference.
    The very strange Thing is. I can install the Driver only on Windows 10 before 1803 update! The Version in the year 2017.
    It works perfectly. But in the test time I got massive Bluescreens. Like DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, SYSTEM SERVICE VIOLATION and some IRQL LESS OR EQUEL RAM errors..

Updating the system with installed Driver, fails. Stucks at certain percent..

After installing a newest Version of Windows 10 (the latest one). Fresh without Software installed, Windows Defender deactivated. I bind the graphis Driver over Windows and it hangs again!

Also I bound the driver over cmd with the drvload64 command. It freezed only in the second installation process. But the driver .ini got installed successfully. Everything without Adrenalin Software.

Now I can Play 4k on Ultra Settings with constant 60 FPS on most games. (3DMark couldn't work somehow.. Other benchmark got Fullscreen problems too. Can be software related)
    So .. what should I do now..?

It seems Software related. but in other way not..

Today I tryd linux (ubuntu) and it hangs in the installation process. I get the error with or without nomodeset:
    VGACOM disables amdgpu kernel modeset
    after some retries he resumes. But freezes soon.

I may change the card. But in the time I get no integrated graphics card or a second one. Means, no output for some weeks.

Test for incompatibilities or recharge? It seems AMD driver related...

Thanks in advance guys

:)

tgodtaylor, Jan 25, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jan 25, 2020
  4. New PC build - Defect GPU?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

New PC build - Defect GPU?

1. New PC build - Defect GPU? - Similar Threads - build Defect GPU

2. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build BSOD: Hello, I recently built a micro ITX PC. Everything seems to run great, but it gets a random Blue Screen of Death every few hours.I have done all the basic troubleshooting with drivers, repairing system files, updates, etc… I need further help pulling and reading logs to...
  3. BSOD on new PC Build

BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  4. BSOD on a new PC Build

BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  5. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  6. Defective GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defective GPU: I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-43. Unfortunately the GPU is damaged or defective and my laptop is also out of warranty. Right now i've disabled the dedicated GPU driver and using the integrated one.I need guidance on what should i do.Thanks in advanceShivansh...
  7. New PC Build issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC Build issues: Specs: ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, Viper Gaming 16GB Ram stick, Intel Core I5 9th gen processor, Took my old hard drives from other computer and brought them to the new computer. 1 SSDbootdrive 2 HDDs Problem: My computer is not giving an...
  8. Building a New Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Building a New Gaming PC: Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC. I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive off of my Mac and believe I followed all setup correctly. But keep getting a "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" I have tried to follow all different types of troubleshooting and...
  9. building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    building new pc: building new pc do I have to buy windows 10? ihave it on my old pc already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/building-new-pc/009f6c4e-9118-4d79-b775-df1c6d5d068d"
  10. defective gpu or faulty psu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i installed a new gpu and i am getting game instability