Windows 10: New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes

Discus and support New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I keep having windows 10 freeze on me during first OS boot. I just built a new PC. I turn it on and the bios worked & all hardware seemed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MasonLake, Sep 21, 2019.

1. MasonLake Win User

New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes

Hello

I keep having windows 10 freeze on me during first OS boot.

I just built a new PC.

I turn it on and the bios worked & all hardware seemed to be operating fine.

I set to boot from my disk drive and put windows 10 in then rebooted..

I get to the widows logo & see the dots spin for a few moments until it freezes.

I need help please.

I have unplugged USB ports, tried holding shirt & restarting.

Nothing.

Thanks!

:)

MasonLake, Sep 21, 2019

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Sep 21, 2019
  3. no boot

hi, new pc builder here. i just built a pc and tried to boot it up with a windows xp disk that came with my old computer. nothing happens, and it may be because i have a crippled disk, that is, maybe it is just a restore or repair disk. in any event, i won't buy windows again until windows 7 is issued and maybe not even then. in an attempt to get the new system to boot up i just ordered an ubuntu linux disk. if the linux disk does not get the pc booted up, what suggestions does the forum have? for background info, i can get the bios without a problem. i also get some memory test screen all the time also (the odd thing about the memory test screen is that it says that the system has a cpu that i definitely did not build the pc with). any ideas from the forum members for getting this system booted up? thanks for your suggestions.

arm and hand, Sep 21, 2019
  4. New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes

1. New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes - Similar Threads - Build Boot Attempt

2. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up pc first time/ installing windows: Before starting this I knew NOTHING about pc’s but I finally got done building my first pc and tried starting it up. Entering the bios I could see the M.2 ssd was detected, but not able to be used as a bootable device. Looking online for input I had found to my very little...
  3. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting up pc first time/ installing windows: Before starting this I knew NOTHING about pc’s but I finally got done building my first pc and tried starting it up. Entering the bios I could see the M.2 ssd was detected, but not able to be used as a bootable device. Looking online for input I had found to my very little...
  4. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. First PC build

in Windows 10 Customization
    First PC build: Yesterday i conpleted my first pc bulid. Everything works, however when i try to install windows 10 a flashing underscore appears. I have trued everything i can think of and have used my time since to look it up. Any help? Thank you....
  6. First PC build

First PC build: Hello, I just finished building my first PC. I got into the bios fine pc works fine. I bought windows 10 usb install at microcenter. I boot windows from bios and it takes me to a black screen menu where I can choose windows 64bit or 32bit. I click enter for the 64bit and...
  7. New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot

New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot: Hi all, This is a brand new PC build. Here are the parts used: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 Motherboard: MSI Mortar B550 RAM: 8X2 Gb Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GVKC Video Card: Nvidia RTX 2060 Storage: Western Digital m.2 It posts fine and I am able to enter BIOS...
  8. Windows Installation on New Build Freezes at the first loading dial

Windows Installation on New Build Freezes at the first loading dial: So my new PC that i built freezes at the loading dial. I have a copy of windows purchased on DVD (on a disk, at least), and its in an optical drive. I’ve set the BIOS to boot from the disk, every other setting besides fast boot is set to default. When I boot my computer, it...
  9. New pc build w10 freezeing after booting up

in Windows 10 Support
    New pc build w10 freezeing after booting up: My new pc build , windows 10 home freezes after booting up, its giving 3 sec of freeze , and it unfreezes after 1 sec , and that happens over and over . And it happens pretty much 1 of 6 times of booting . Installed from usb. Using only ssd samsung evo 250 gb 114745
  10. New build pc not booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build pc not booting: Hi My grandson has just built his first PC, unfortunately it doesn’t work....nothing displays on the monitor, not even the Post messages....the monitor works ok on a different PC has been tried with the HDMI and VGA ports. the Mobo lights up and the cpu fan runs. I...