Windows 10: New PC build – I can't get internet...

Discus and support New PC build – I can't get internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've got a new build: Windows 10 Pro 64bit. CPU: 2700 Ryzen Motherboard: Asus Prime X470 Pro RAM: x2 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz (although I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Will172, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Will172 Win User

New PC build – I can't get internet...

So I've got a new build:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

CPU: 2700 Ryzen
    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470 Pro
    RAM: x2 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz (although I can only get 2133mhz atm)
    GPU: nVidia 2070 Windforce
    HD: 1tb Western Digital Blue M.2 2280 SSD
    PSU: Corsair 650W Gold

The adapter on the motherboard is Intel I211 Gigabit Network and I'm running the latest driver (12.15.184.1) I have also tried a roll back to driver 12.15.22.6 and same problem.

Main problem at the moment is I barely get internet. It's wired to the ethernet port on the motherboard. At first I assumed that it was a faulty board, and got the shop I bought it from to test it for me and..

they ran a ping for 3hrs successfully on a test rig...

So it's wired back up and I am getting internet for maybe a minute or 2 then it drops.

CMD goes along the lines of:

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
    Request timed out.
    General failure.
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 192.168.0.38: Destination host unreachable.

On top of this, I've had a few BSOD saying things like KERNAL AUTO BOOST INVALID LOCK RELEASE and one mentioning USBXHCI.SYS (not sure if relevant)

So I've updated the bios to the latest version, taken out a ram stick and made everything in BIOS default.

Additional things I've tried

I installed a network card and it worked... Not an ideal solution. But does that help figure the problem in anyway?

Also I checked the Event Viewer and I had an Error.

Event ID 411
    Problem starting a Driver name: net1ic64.inf

When I googled this – it told me to turn off Fast Boot in the power settings, I've done that, and I don't get the error now, but I still get no internet.

I've installed the Motherboard Turbo LAN software, no change.

I have no idea what to do next – anyone got any ideas?

:)

Will172, Feb 28, 2019
  2. BarbaricSoul, Feb 28, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Jacko28er Win User

New Gaming Build

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my PC as it's getting fairly old now and showing its age. Would you be able to provide me with some feedback on the below build.

I'm using a 1.5k budget.

Cheap Laptops, Tablet PC, and Cheap LED TVs | Ebuyer.com

The GPU isn't listed, but I will be using a GTX 970 and I also have a Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB mainly for my OS. (SSD was added recently to my current rig).

All feedback / suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,

Jacko28er, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. New PC build – I can't get internet... - Similar Threads - build – can't

2. can i get help with my new pc internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i get help with my new pc internet: ok so i got a new pc it’s a stg aubron 2070 10400F my old pc had a wifi adapter and this new one came with a worst one regardless the internet is being really weird i have 150 upload/download speed when i use a internet speed test and i was downloading steam games at that...
  3. can i get help with my new pc internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i get help with my new pc internet: ok so i got a new pc it’s a stg aubron 2070 10400F my old pc had a wifi adapter and this new one came with a worst one regardless the internet is being really weird i have 150 upload/download speed when i use a internet speed test and i was downloading steam games at that...
  4. Internet speeds gone down after new PC build

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speeds gone down after new PC build: Yesterday I built a new pc changing most of the parts, but i kept the wifi card and gpu. Ever since I have built it, internet speeds have been way lower than usual. In my last build, epic games would download around 14mbps and steam around 40. Now, epic games wont even reach...
  5. I can't get internet access.

I can't get internet access.: I can't get internet access. My WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. In fact, the software for the adapter will not complete setup. It worked a month ago, but now doesn't. What can I do? Please keep in mind, I don't have internet access on that PC....
  6. New PC build lagging in every game, with good internet.

New PC build lagging in every game, with good internet.: I recently had Geek Squad upgrade my PC with a new Motherboard, CPU, Ram. x570 gaming edge wifi, ryzen 7 3800x, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD, GTX 1060 6gb All drivers are up to date and fresh windows install. My computer stays connected to the internet fine. I am using an ethernet...
  7. building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    building new pc: building new pc do I have to buy windows 10? ihave it on my old pc already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/building-new-pc/009f6c4e-9118-4d79-b775-df1c6d5d068d"
  8. Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10

Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10: When building my PC I decided to put in an M.2 Wifi card that I knew worked. On my computer I don't get an option for wifi anywhere. I tried Windows Troublshoot and that didn't do much and then I tried downloading new drivers. I'm confident that I downloaded the drivers...
  9. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...
  10. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...