Windows 10: New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

Discus and support New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble setting up my recently built PC. I have a picture of the issues I am running in to. My keyboard (though detected) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tlcooper93, Jan 13, 2021.

1. New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up my recently built PC.
    I have a picture of the issues I am running in to. My keyboard (though detected) is completely unresponsive when entering BIOS. At first, I thought it might be a motherboard issue, but i've tried switching motherboards and I encounter the same problem.

Additionally, the computer thinks that two keyboards are plugged in, and 1 mouse (no mouse plugged in).

Specs:
    TUF Gaming z490-PLUS Motherboard
    Intel i9-10900KF Core
    64 GB of Corsair RAM (In the picture, I'm troubleshooting with 32 gb of ram)
    Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070
    Noctua NH d15
    Razer Keyboard

Here is a picture:

New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup [​IMG]

:)

tlcooper93, Jan 13, 2021

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 13, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2021
  4. New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

Keyboard issue

I would do this for testing purposes:

1. Use the working keyboard to boot the machine into the BIOS setup screen.
    2. Swap keyboards and check if the new one works.
    3. If it does, boot the machine normally, using the working keyoard.
    4. Press Shift+Restart to boot the machine into Safe Mode.
    5. Swap keyboards once more.

The results should tell you what is going on. Remember to test different USB sockets.

I assume your replacement keyboard works on other PCs.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

1. New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup - Similar Threads - Build Issues Keyboard

2. New PC setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC setup: I got a new PC from my work and I'm stuck on the "Who's going to use this PC?" screen. I tried putting in my own name and password and the ones that my company gave me but keep hearing "that name doesn't work." I'm using regular characters for everything but nothing seems to...
  3. New PC setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC setup: I got a new PC from my work and I'm stuck on the "Who's going to use this PC?" screen. I tried putting in my own name and password and the ones that my company gave me but keep hearing "that name doesn't work." I'm using regular characters for everything but nothing seems to...
  4. Flash to new BIOS before or after new PC build is up and running?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash to new BIOS before or after new PC build is up and running?: Doing some last minute prep in-between prepping the office. Looking on MSI's site I see there is a new BIOS for the X570 Tomahawk WIFI motherboard. The date on the BIOS is Aug. 9th, 2021. This will be newer then the BIOS on my brand new X570 Tomahawk WIFI. Should I flash this...
  5. New PC build, keyboard not detected, can’t enter bios

New PC build, keyboard not detected, can’t enter bios: Hello, I am a 5th grader building my first pc. I built and finished my pc but when I try to run the setup with the keyboard it says no keyboard detected. I have been doing research but I cant find anything that will fix it. This is what the screen looks like when I turn it...
  6. New PC Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC Setup: Current setup is this. PC#1: Private network. Connection to the web is via Ethernet cable via a Wi-Fi router. Wi-Fi is disabled. I get much faster D/L speeds via Ethernet. PC#2: Using same Wi-Fi router of PC#1, but using Wi-Fi to connect to the web. Much slower D/L speeds...
  7. New PC Build issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC Build issues: Specs: ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, Viper Gaming 16GB Ram stick, Intel Core I5 9th gen processor, Took my old hard drives from other computer and brought them to the new computer. 1 SSDbootdrive 2 HDDs Problem: My computer is not giving an...
  8. New Device Setup Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Device Setup Issues: I recently purchased a new computer when I encountered a problem. I have an office 365 account for school, and I am signed into my current computer with this account. However, when I tried to sign into this account on my new device for the initial setup, I was told that...
  9. New pc setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New pc setup: I want to set up a new computer for use in my own home for me only as a local user with no password and no need for system administrator overrides or permissions to access any and all files and folders on my own computer. Are their instructions for doing this? I also want...
  10. NEW PC Setup

NEW PC Setup: Hi All Newer Gaming PC from Asus arriving by Monday, getting things in order So far got all the drivers for the external hardware Plan on transferring sorta new ssd to the new machine, will be used as boot drive First gonna do system image of current hard drive in the...