Windows 10: New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

Discus and support New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble setting up my recently built PC. I have a picture of the issues I am running in to. My keyboard (though detected) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tlcooper93, Jan 13, 2021.

1. New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up my recently built PC.
    I have a picture of the issues I am running in to. My keyboard (though detected) is completely unresponsive when entering BIOS. At first, I thought it might be a motherboard issue, but i've tried switching motherboards and I encounter the same problem.

Additionally, the computer thinks that two keyboards are plugged in, and 1 mouse (no mouse plugged in).

Specs:
    TUF Gaming z490-PLUS Motherboard
    Intel i9-10900KF Core
    64 GB of Corsair RAM (In the picture, I'm troubleshooting with 32 gb of ram)
    Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070
    Noctua NH d15
    Razer Keyboard

Here is a picture:

New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup [​IMG]

:)

tlcooper93, Jan 13, 2021

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 13, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2021
  4. New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

Keyboard issue

I would do this for testing purposes:

1. Use the working keyboard to boot the machine into the BIOS setup screen.
    2. Swap keyboards and check if the new one works.
    3. If it does, boot the machine normally, using the working keyoard.
    4. Press Shift+Restart to boot the machine into Safe Mode.
    5. Swap keyboards once more.

The results should tell you what is going on. Remember to test different USB sockets.

I assume your replacement keyboard works on other PCs.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup

1. New PC Build, Issues with Keyboard in BIOS Setup - Similar Threads - Build Issues Keyboard

2. new pc build for windows 10. wifi issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new pc build for windows 10. wifi issues: hi so i recently built a new pc, and everything seemed to be running smoothly. however, i do not have an official key yet, so, i am currently using the unactivated version until i get my hands on a license. but the thing is that my pc has major wifi issues. the connection...
  3. New PC Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC Setup: Current setup is this. PC#1: Private network. Connection to the web is via Ethernet cable via a Wi-Fi router. Wi-Fi is disabled. I get much faster D/L speeds via Ethernet. PC#2: Using same Wi-Fi router of PC#1, but using Wi-Fi to connect to the web. Much slower D/L speeds...
  4. New PC Build issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC Build issues: Specs: ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, Viper Gaming 16GB Ram stick, Intel Core I5 9th gen processor, Took my old hard drives from other computer and brought them to the new computer. 1 SSDbootdrive 2 HDDs Problem: My computer is not giving an...
  5. building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    building new pc: building new pc do I have to buy windows 10? ihave it on my old pc already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/building-new-pc/009f6c4e-9118-4d79-b775-df1c6d5d068d"
  6. New Device Setup Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Device Setup Issues: I recently purchased a new computer when I encountered a problem. I have an office 365 account for school, and I am signed into my current computer with this account. However, when I tried to sign into this account on my new device for the initial setup, I was told that...
  7. New pc setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New pc setup: I want to set up a new computer for use in my own home for me only as a local user with no password and no need for system administrator overrides or permissions to access any and all files and folders on my own computer. Are their instructions for doing this? I also want...
  8. New PC Windows10 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC Windows10 Setup: Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't look like a work or school email address. Use another address or select 'Back' to set up Windows with your Microsoft...
  9. BIOS / UEFI setup

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS / UEFI setup: Hi, I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at shutdown. This particular machine happens to be set up with the boot option set to UEFI whereas the others use Legacy. So I...
  10. NEW PC Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEW PC Setup: Hi All Newer Gaming PC from Asus arriving by Monday, getting things in order So far got all the drivers for the external hardware Plan on transferring sorta new ssd to the new machine, will be used as boot drive First gonna do system image of current hard drive in the...