Windows 10: New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

Discus and support New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zach Hoskins, May 12, 2022.

1. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done my best to troubleshoot, but still can't figure out the cause with my very basic technical knowledge. First, here are the components I'm using:CPU: 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700KRAM: 32 GB CORSAIR Dominator DDR5 5600 MHz running at 3800 MHzMOBO: ASUS PRIME Z690-ASSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVMePSU: Corsair RM850 850WOS: Win

:)

Zach Hoskins, May 12, 2022

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 12, 2022
  3. Michelle Vil, May 12, 2022
  4. SethKnows Win User

New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

Hi everyone, I'm back again and I've built a new PC. Still having bad luck with computers I guess. System specs are listed on my profile. I've been having problems with my pc restarting, event log shows Event 41 Kernel Power. It happens while playing Dead Space 3 within 5 minutes, but happens during other games occasionally. I thought it was software, until it started happening in my bios within a few seconds. I've tested the ram, switched both sticks, put them in different slots, etc. I've disabled all power saving options and nothing is overclocked. Usually it's random but I can trigger it in the bios and while playing Dead Space 3. I unplugged the reset wire to see if there was a short but it didn't work. This is the same PSU from my last build though, so I'm not sure if that's the problem. There's no way it can be software, right? If it's happening before the OS even loads. I also unplugged my SSD and HDD and still no luck. I'm not sure what else to do except RMA the mobo and/or the PSU.

SethKnows, May 12, 2022
Thema:

New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

1. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41 - Similar Threads - build plagued random

2. PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41: Hello,my PC randomly crashes without a BSOD and restarts. The event log shows ID 41 with different bug codes. I am going to attach the most recent minidump since I could not make sense of it. Is there anything somebody on this messaging board finds within that file that might...
  3. PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes, Event ID 41: Hello,my PC randomly crashes without a BSOD and restarts. The event log shows ID 41 with different bug codes. I am going to attach the most recent minidump since I could not make sense of it. Is there anything somebody on this messaging board finds within that file that might...
  4. EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING

EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING: hi for the past few weeks my pc keeps restarting on its own, maybe few times a day event 41 in event viewer. my pc is fairly new 4 months oldAMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7GHz AM5 not overclocking yetArctic Liquid Freezer II 240MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM5 DDR5KINGSTON FURTY RENEGADE...
  5. EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT ID 41 PC KEEPS RESTARTING: hi for the past few weeks my pc keeps restarting on its own, maybe few times a day event 41 in event viewer. my pc is fairly new 4 months oldAMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7GHz AM5 not overclocking yetArctic Liquid Freezer II 240MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM5 DDR5KINGSTON FURTY RENEGADE...
  6. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  7. Random of Event ID 41

Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  8. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41: Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done...
  9. New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41

New PC build plagued with random restarts Event ID 41: Hello,I built a new PC last month and have been dealing with sudden, seemingly random restarts, which Event Viewer logs as Event ID 41. There's no blue screen and no bugcheck code in Event Viewer; the PC just powers down abruptly, then reboots like nothing happened.I've done...
  10. PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10

PC randomly restarts - event ID 41 and 10: Hi everyone For the last few weeks I've had an issue where my PC suddenly restarts. I've tried looking for clues in event viewer but all I can find are the following: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system...