Windows 10: New PC build restarting when loading/playing games

Discus and support New PC build restarting when loading/playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I recently built my first PC ever with the latest gen hardware, which I camped outside of micro center for. My new PC build went fairly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LiberalTears, Nov 27, 2020.

1. New PC build restarting when loading/playing games

Hello everyone! I recently built my first PC ever with the latest gen hardware, which I camped outside of micro center for. My new PC build went fairly smoothly aside from a few hiccups figuring everything out and updating bios/windows install. Everything works perfectly now, except when I attempt to run a game and my PC will restart itself. It usually happens before I even get into the game itself. If I do get a little time to play before the restart, which is rare, it probably hasn't been longer than 15 minutes before restarting the PC. My temperatures seem pretty good so I don't believe anything is overheating. I have ran some stress tests but so far only loading a game like Apex or For Honor seem to make the PC restart itself. I've tried uninstalling NVIDIA drivers and reinstalling. I've tried resetting to default bios and reinstalling the games. Both games are thru steam but I doubt steam is at fault. The only abnormal thing I saw in the benchmarks i did was in HWmonitor something called "TMPIN4" under "Temperatures" which was at 80C but the other 2-8 "TMPIN" were around 20-30C.

MY BUILD:
    CPU: ryzen 5950x {corsair H150i RGB Pro XT AIO cooler}
    MB: Asus strix x570 F Gaming
    GPU: Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC
    RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance Pro RGB 3600mh C18
    PSU: Corsair RM 1000x
    M.2 gen 3 SSD Samsung 970 evo 1T
    Windows 10 Pro

These are the two messages I get in event viewer,

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

&

"A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
    Processor APIC ID: 6

The details view of this entry contains further information."

:)

LiberalTears, Nov 27, 2020

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Nov 27, 2020
  3. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Nov 27, 2020
  4. LalaLand Win User

New PC build restarting when loading/playing games

Newly build pc keep restarting

I'm having trouble my newly built pc. At first, everything was fine, I was able to play Fortnite for a game. After the game finished, the system started to restart (without any warning or error message). Then it started to does it randomly so I reset everything. Then once got back to windows, and started to install all of the drivers, it just kept on restarting every time I try to install the drivers. The temperature was below 30 C with nothing running and with game, it is below 55 C.

I tried the following suggestions:

1. Safe mode, turn off the automatic restart and update all the drivers
    2. Auto Repair
    3. switch the RAM positions/cleaning

Here are the parts:
    CPU: Intel i7 9700k
    GPU: RTX 2070
    Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151
    PSU: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
    Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
    RAM: G.SKILL 16GB
    Storage: SSD 750 GB
    System: Window 10 home

If someone is able to help me, I will be forever grateful to you.
    Thank you,

LalaLand, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

New PC build restarting when loading/playing games

1. New PC build restarting when loading/playing games - Similar Threads - build restarting loading

2. PC randomly restarts when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarts when playing games: Since about early December 2023, my pc has been restarting while playing video games. I'm trying to include a save of my event viewer but it wont let me attach a file. Ive tried cleaning out and optimizing my airflow as well as reapplying thermal paste in case of a CPU...
  3. PC randomly restarts when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly restarts when playing games: Since about early December 2023, my pc has been restarting while playing video games. I'm trying to include a save of my event viewer but it wont let me attach a file. Ive tried cleaning out and optimizing my airflow as well as reapplying thermal paste in case of a CPU...
  4. PC randomly restarts when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.: I bought a custom made PC only a couple months ago as wanted to upgrade from an xbox series x. Ever since i bought it, within the first few days i was getting seemingly random freezing leading to game crashing or just straight up BSOD. I have taken it back to the computer...
  6. BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.: I bought a custom made PC only a couple months ago as wanted to upgrade from an xbox series x. Ever since i bought it, within the first few days i was getting seemingly random freezing leading to game crashing or just straight up BSOD. I have taken it back to the computer...
  7. Pc restarts when I play a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc restarts when I play a game: Hey I’ve gotten this pc recently and it’s in pretty good shape. Now out of nowhere, my pc has been restarting everytime I try to play a game. For example, I can load up the game just fine. I get past the title screen but once I get past that. My screen goes black and my pc...
  8. Pc restarting on it's own when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restarting on it's own when playing games: My pc randomly restarts on its own when playing games. I've stress tested my cpu and gpu and it goes fine, then the moment i play a game like valorant my pc just restarts and the thing is, if it restarts on it's own and i quickly try to rejoin a game once it boots up my pc...
  9. New Gaming PC reboots when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Gaming PC reboots when playing game: Hi I recently built my own gaming rig only to find out that it is not exactly working as I intended. When my friend gifted me the game Rust on Steam I was so excited to play when right before I load in my screen goes back and I'm at the sign before I can see my desktop. It...
  10. PC restarting when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarting when playing games.: I just bought a new pc a few days ago I5 10400f, Gtx 1660 ti xs oc msi gddr6 6gb vram, gigabyte b460m aorus pro motherboard, 2tb HDD Seagate Barracuda, 250gb SSD Kingston a2000 and a 650w psu from Corsair, cv650 . Every time I play a game, it just makes a really weird noise...