Windows 10: New pc build ssd and hdd

Discus and support New pc build ssd and hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else. What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dankvida, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Dankvida Win User

New pc build ssd and hdd

Hello,

I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else.

What is the best way to go about this? And how do I make the hdd the default for downloads, storage, etc. This will be a clean, new install.

Thanks,

Dan

:)

Dankvida, Nov 16, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 16, 2018
  3. davnav Win User
    new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Nov 16, 2018
  4. New pc build ssd and hdd

I'm building a new PC but keeping my current HDD while adding a SSD. Will Windows 10 transfer with my HDD without creating havoc?

I'm building a new PC but keeping my current HDD while adding a SSD. Will Windows 10 transfer with my HDD without creating havoc?

I have the free upgrade version of Windows 10 Home edition from the summer release.

OP - Will Windows 10 transfer with my HDD?

BradBeck_859, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

New pc build ssd and hdd

1. New pc build ssd and hdd - Similar Threads - build ssd hdd

2. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build: I recently bought a brand new PC, and thought it would be good to add my old SSD to it. When the system booted up for the first time, it somehow reverted back to the old windows files were exactly where they were etc, with windows still in the old drive.I would like to ask a...
  3. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build: I recently bought a brand new PC, and thought it would be good to add my old SSD to it. When the system booted up for the first time, it somehow reverted back to the old windows files were exactly where they were etc, with windows still in the old drive.I would like to ask a...
  4. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to use new PC with a small SSD and a large HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use new PC with a small SSD and a large HDD: My new Windows 10 v. Home 1909 desktop has a 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB internal HDD (D drive). If I understand correctly the OS pc boots in the SSD and all current Programs and Programs (x86) files are in the C drive. The C drive is already more than half full and I have...
  6. New ssd drive , hdd files arent on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New ssd drive , hdd files arent on pc: Hello, i bought and reinstalled windows on a new ssd drive to get the benefits of it, after running the computer everything seems to be fine but the apps from the old hdd are not showing up on the pc, for exepmle discord , the pc is like new and i want to fi d a way to open...
  7. New PC with SSD and HDD setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC with SSD and HDD setup: I'm having issues completing my environment setup on my Dell XPS 8930 desktop computer. As mentioned in the subject line, my PC has both an SSD and HDD. The operating system (Windows 10 Pro) is on the SSD as Drive C. The HDD is 2tb and I plan to use this for my user data....
  8. Storage Utilization Suggestion, new PC with SSD & HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Utilization Suggestion, new PC with SSD & HDD: I recently purchased a new Dell XPS 8930 with a 256gb SSD and 2tb HDD. What would be the best recommendation to utilize these effectively. I've yet to unbox this Desktop PC as I want to research all best solutions before I move data from old PC and/or re-install software....
  9. hdd to ssd on new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdd to ssd on new computer: Hi yes im going to buy 2 1tb samsung evo 850 to replace my 1tb hdd know my pc comes with 240gb ssd already what i want to do is unplug both and swap them out for the 1 tb evo 850 and then just completely install windows on one of them and have one on back up is this method...
  10. Questions on where to install programs on new PC (SSD or HDD?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions on where to install programs on new PC (SSD or HDD?): Hi all, I'll be getting a new gaming Desktop PC in a few days time, and I've never had a computer with both a SSD and a HDD (the one I have now is nearly 11 years old! And it's all installed on a single HDD [though a lot of my files are on an External HDD to save room])....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows for new build ssd

2. how to utilize ssd and hdd in pc build

3. new build computer ssd or hdd