Windows 10: New pc build won’t output audio

Discus and support New pc build won’t output audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently built my first pc. When I went to play a YouTube video, no sound was emitted. I checked my output options, which were Realtek audio and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carp816, Dec 26, 2020.

1. New pc build won’t output audio

Recently built my first pc. When I went to play a YouTube video, no sound was emitted. I checked my output options, which were Realtek audio and my monitor speakers. Neither of them worked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, I even tried downloading the Realtek audio driver update from the their website, however I just got caught in a loop where the install wizard kept rebooting my system and never completing the update. I’ve watched plenty of videos on this and they’re not helping. If anyone has any idea what to do I would appreciate some guidance. Thank you

submitted by /u/carp816
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carp816, Dec 26, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 26, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device

Hi  RMoody1

I'm an INDEPENDENT ADVISOR

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter 

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do. 

Step 1. Open the search box 

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter 

Step 3. Click View all 

Step 4. Select Playing audio 

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process 

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

This article can help you with the possible solution of your Issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

You can also try Verify the Windows service 

Use Windows Key + R. 

When you open the window you type: 

Services.msc. 

When you open the list of services, look for "Windows Audio". 

Double click on the start button and verify that the start type is in (automatic). 

Driver update: 

Another option is to go directly to the website of the manufacturer of your PC, there you can update the sound drivers of your PC

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Dec 26, 2020
  4. New pc build won’t output audio

No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

New pc build won’t output audio

1. New pc build won’t output audio - Similar Threads - build won’t output

2. Audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio output: I have my hdmi connected to both my laptop and monotor the screen is on the monitor but the audio is coming out of the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9c6fe9d1-82ac-473c-8174-42b8c696740d
  3. Bootmgr is corrupt and pc won’t display output

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootmgr is corrupt and pc won’t display output: Booted up my pc today and was met with “bootmgr is corrupt. Cannot boot.” Or something to similar effect, I can no longer view the error message due to a display issue. Power cycled a bunch of times then read it may be something with my hard drive so I went into pc and...
  4. Bootmgr is corrupt and pc won’t display output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootmgr is corrupt and pc won’t display output: Booted up my pc today and was met with “bootmgr is corrupt. Cannot boot.” Or something to similar effect, I can no longer view the error message due to a display issue. Power cycled a bunch of times then read it may be something with my hard drive so I went into pc and...
  5. Bootmgr is corrupt and pc won’t display output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No audio output from my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output from my pc: My pc is not recognizing the speakers as audio output and there is no sound. How can I fix this? I have run the Troubleshooter and the drivers are up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-from-my-pc/7de0be16-9acc-4cd3-9014-ae3f3c63267d
  7. building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    building new pc: building new pc do I have to buy windows 10? ihave it on my old pc already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/building-new-pc/009f6c4e-9118-4d79-b775-df1c6d5d068d"
  8. audio output

audio output: audio output dropped off after w10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9fed22c2-572d-493d-a9e5-5bc7dd888803
  9. When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output: Hello, my issue lies with sound settings. Specifically, the fact that when a new audio output device is detected by Windows, it changes the system's audio output to the new device. However, this is irritating for me as I would rather do this myself as and when I need to....
  10. No Audio Output

No Audio Output: After installing the Windows 10 update yesterday (10/10/18), my laptop now has "no audio output installed". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output/1b36e1a8-2a3e-4448-a8a1-799a8aaf0632