Windows 10: New pc built together win installation does not work?

Discus and support New pc built together win installation does not work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here comes the following error, is all new hardware. Ssd is on sata 1 Ahci and all other sata ports are disabled. I boot with an original win boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Norules94, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Norules94 Win User

New pc built together win installation does not work?

Here comes the following error, is all new hardware. Ssd is on sata 1 Ahci and all other sata ports are disabled. I boot with an original win boot stick, it loads the data and then this error occurs

New pc built together win installation does not work? 0_big.jpg

:)

Norules94, Jun 6, 2020

2. How to re-install Win XP to upgraded MB from a pre-built PC

I have a friend's PC who's MB died (ASUA P5LP-LE 775 Socket)....and am helping him install a brand new one (Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H AM3)...Also changing to a AMD Phenom II X2 555BE.

The pre-built PC (HP Pavilion Media Center a1606n) which has Windows XP Media edition pre-installed on it came with no install disc and he doesn't have a key-code.

My concern is how to get the OS re-installed on the new motherboard. I have done a few searches and it seems that there can be several issues when attempting this when not having a disc or key-code.

I do have a spare disc w/ key-code for Windows XP Home Edition that I can let him use to install, but my concern is would there be any conflict with Win XP Media Center Edition already being on one of his HDD's.

I suggested he call HP, which he did, and ask for their help, but since the PC is out of warranty they would not do anything unless he paid them a service charge...same held true for M$...they wanted 70 bucks.

Is there any way to re-install the existing OS that was factory installed by HP without a disc and product key-code ? Or can I do a fresh install using Win XP Home Edition and if so what becomes of the Windows XP Media Edition thats already installed ? Will it cause any conflicts ?

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated..... *Smile New pc built together win installation does not work? :)

dieselcat18, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Audio not working on a freshly built W10 PC?

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested below.

Fix sound problems

Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 6, 2020
  4. New pc built together win installation does not work?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

New pc built together win installation does not work?

1. New pc built together win installation does not work? - Similar Threads - built together installation

2. Windows 11 install on new built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install on new built PC: I recently finished a new PC build. And was going to install Windows 11. When I start the install I get the message that the PC is not compatible to install Windows 11. My system specs is as follows,CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 core 3.7 GHzMB Asus ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Memory...
  3. Windows 11 install on new built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install on new built PC: I recently finished a new PC build. And was going to install Windows 11. When I start the install I get the message that the PC is not compatible to install Windows 11. My system specs is as follows,CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 core 3.7 GHzMB Asus ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Memory...
  4. USB tethering NOT WORKING on new built PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB tethering NOT WORKING on new built PC: Hello there,I built my first gaming pc a couple of days ago after my gaming laptop broke.I always used to connect my iPhone to my laptop via USB in order to use my phones connection since it ha 5G, but with this new built PC i'm unable to do this since i can't even use wifi...
  5. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  6. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  7. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working: Here are my components: Ryzen 9 3900x MSI MEG X570 Godlike Motherboard Nvidia RTX 2080 ti Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB SSD 64GB 3200 Ram 2x32 So I built my PC yesterday after the final parts came in. I installed windows 10 Pro using the Windows Media Creation Tool on a...
  9. Installing Windows 7 to new, built PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 7 to new, built PC: I'm building a new PC and I was wondering if I can install my store bought Windows 7 (CD with couple more activation left) from years ago on to it. Will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 from there? submitted by /u/JiggaGoki [link] [comments]...
  10. installing win 10 on a newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing win 10 on a newly built pc: yo okay so i recently built my first ever pc so if you start talking all technical and **** i wont understand anything you say but the problem is that when i try to install win 10 using a usb flash drive i get the error that no drives are detected, and i do not mean my usb is...