Windows 10: New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...

Discus and support New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Basically I had to buy a new pc because the old one broke completely. Now I have to activate windows on it but the activation key is not working since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ImGiey, Jul 25, 2021.

1. ImGiey Win User

New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...

Basically I had to buy a new pc because the old one broke completely. Now I have to activate windows on it but the activation key is not working since I didn't deactivate it on the old device. How to deactivate it? Or just buy a new license?

:)

ImGiey, Jul 25, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down

If you have a retail key, you do not need to deactivate on old pc.

You can simply run traditional telephone activation (slui 4) on new installation and follow the prompts, telling it that new pc is your only pc.

That then transfers the key to new device deactivating it on old device.

cereberus, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Zearpex Win User
    cannot delete my win10 licence key, cause old pc broken down

there might be an issue, cause i wiped my old one and put an ubuntu on it

Zearpex, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Sevcy Win User

New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...

Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will there be issues if someone uses the old PC/motherboard?

Hi,

Yeah I didn't deactivate/uninstall the key at all from the old motherboard. I assumed that simply entering the same product key on the new one would transfer/deactivate it from the old motherboard.

I'm currently using my new PC with the same product key all activated and still linked to my Microsoft account.

Sevcy, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

1. New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old... - Similar Threads - previous activation key

2. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  3. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  4. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...: I own a Windows license purchased from the Microsoft Store. I didn't realize I'd need to remove it manually from my old PC before using it on my new one I assumed I could just activate it on the new one and have the old one become defunct, I'm spoiled by how dead simple and...
  5. How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...

How to activate Windows license on new PC, forgot to remove from old PC, old PC can't be...: I own a Windows license purchased from the Microsoft Store. I didn't realize I'd need to remove it manually from my old PC before using it on my new one I assumed I could just activate it on the new one and have the old one become defunct, I'm spoiled by how dead simple and...
  6. Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?: I sent my old laptop back to be replaced under warranty and it had windows 10 pro installed. I did not remove the license key off the device before sending it. The old and new device are both still linked to my microsoft account, is there any way to remove they keyoff my old...
  7. Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?

Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?: I sent my old laptop back to be replaced under warranty and it had windows 10 pro installed. I did not remove the license key off the device before sending it. The old and new device are both still linked to my microsoft account, is there any way to remove they keyoff my old...
  8. Transfer windows key from old device to new without access to old device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will...: I built a new PC and used my Windows 10 Home (RETAIL) product key to activate W10 on it. I realised afterwards that I didn't "deactivate" the key from the old PC and unfortunately I don't have access to the old motherboard anymore. Question - If someone uses the old...
  10. How to activate windows on a new PC and deactivate it on the old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows on a new PC and deactivate it on the old one: Hi. I've just bought a new PC. I kinda deactivated my windows on my old PC by going to the command prompt and typing in the command. Once I was installing windows on the new PC it seemed like the code worked everything was fine. But a few hours later I started seeing the...