Windows 10: new pc cannot connect to my work pc through rdp!! it does not accept credential!

Discus and support new pc cannot connect to my work pc through rdp!! it does not accept credential! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, i am working from home and use remote desktop connection through vpn to connect to my work pc. i used mac and microsoft rdp on mac to connect and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BibushG.C, Jan 10, 2021.

1. BibushG.C Win User

new pc cannot connect to my work pc through rdp!! it does not accept credential!

hi, i am working from home and use remote desktop connection through vpn to connect to my work pc. i used mac and microsoft rdp on mac to connect and it works fine. recently i got a new windows desktop for work, however the same credential i used to log in remotely does not work on my new pc. i cant seem to understand why!! i tried changing all the local policies of my work computer and reg edit but nothing works. VPN connects fine, when i revert back to mac and try same user and password i am able to login without a glitch. need help to figure this out!

:)

BibushG.C, Jan 10, 2021

2. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing a lag in time in accepting the credentials to RDP. Thank you for providing us the screenshot of the issue.

However, we would suggest you to post your query in TechNet
    forums, where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RDP Credential Manager to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 10, 2021
  3. windows 10 credential errors - rdp

got a weird one on multiple work computers all windows 10. no domain involved all just local accounts.

we use draytek vpn to connect to the work network and then trying to use microsoft rdp to connect to the "work" computers by ip address

e.g. my ip address at home is 192.175.1.1, work address is 192.168.1.1 - example.

I use remote desktop connection and continually get windows security - your credentials did not work - doesnt matter what i put in - tried all formats - thing is - doesnt even seem to try to connect to the pc - seems to try to authenticate locally before
    going anywhere

Weird bit - from multiple hours on the internet trying to find a solution someone recommended using an old rdp file from windows 7 - tried this and works (even though looking at the settings on the rdp files - look identical) - opens connection to the computer
    where i can then put my password in and connects up

But then when i try to use a new remote connection - back to windows credential error - even to the same pc. almost like there is something in the new remote desktop connections that isnt in the old version?

any advise please - got 4 work computers all the same

kevinobrien2, Jan 10, 2021
  4. new pc cannot connect to my work pc through rdp!! it does not accept credential!

RDP what are the credentials to use??

I set this windows 10 PRO pc up to allow RDP access.
    But actually what is the user name supposed to be??
    Just 'Trish Downey' ?? Name is showing under settings, user. Does it just user the user's actual personal name?? (plus password)
    when I go to connect, it errors all the time with me trying various things.

My win7 pc I setup and connects fine using rdp. For that one user name is LRtest.
    LRWin7 was the name I originally setup on the win7 pc with no password, and to get rdp to work on it, I had to create a new user with a password. So I know it has to use password, and I had to add that user to RDP to allow it to connect.

Do I have to make a new user in win10 pro to get this to work?

sdowney717, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

new pc cannot connect to my work pc through rdp!! it does not accept credential!

1. new pc cannot connect to my work pc through rdp!! it does not accept credential! - Similar Threads - cannot connect through

2. New PC won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC won't accept password: I am just starting up a new PC for the first time, and am entering my Microsoft account info to login. It won't accept my password even though I KNOW it is correct, as I just used it to login to other devices to test it....
  3. My PC's connect app does not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC's connect app does not working: Hi there, I am trying to cast my phone's display on my PC but my PC shows "protect connect can't be viewed on this device." What should I do? My PC is Asus vivobook 15 X505ZA and my phone is Poco m2 pro. Pls help as soon as possible...
  4. My PC's connect app does not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC's connect app does not working: Hi there, I am trying to cast my phone's display on my PC but my PC shows "protect connect can't be viewed on this device." What should I do? My PC is Asus vivobook 15 X505ZA and my phone is Poco m2 pro. Pls help as soon as possible...
  5. Cannot Access Pc ethernet Cable to router through chromecast or pc connected through wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access Pc ethernet Cable to router through chromecast or pc connected through wifi: I wish to know a solution for connecting and using the content/resources on my pc which is connected through the ethernet cable lan to the router through a pc/chromecast using wifi Using Windows 10 Router ZTE F660 Regards...
  6. Dosen't accept my credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dosen't accept my credentials: I opened the outlook app on my laptop and a popout of windows security asked for my credentials, my email was already there it only needed my password but didn't accept it. I tried typping it mutiple times but the same window just popped out again...
  7. PC Will Not Accept PIN if Not Connected to Internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Will Not Accept PIN if Not Connected to Internet: I just bought a new Acer PC. It will not accept my PIN number if it is not connected to the internet. There are occasions that I need to work and do not have access to the internet. I have never had this issue with a laptop before. Has anyone else had this issue? And...
  8. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials: After MSTSC, We enter user name and password then we click "OK" to connect but there is delay of 23-25 Seconds approx between I click on "OK" and it starts showing "connecting" wizard and it eventually connects. Any Idea, it is frustrating !! May be GPO issue may be Win 10...
  9. I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot connect to the PC using the RDP client for iOS: I use this RDP client for iPhone 7 plus, which I connect to my computer. Usually I select the 1364x768 resolution. But I made a mistake selecting the 2501x1406 resolution. As the result the login process got stuck with a message that the number of connections is limited and...
  10. Cannot connect to my main network with new PC.

Cannot connect to my main network with new PC.: I have 2 routers. My network is identified as Network 2. Every piece of electronics & computers are on this network. I built a new computer & plugged the LAN into the other router to connect to the internet. The Explorer on the new PC identifies this as Network (not Network 2...