Windows 10: New PC crashing, no BSOD

Discus and support New PC crashing, no BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just finished building this PC, and it runs fine most of the time. However, seemingly at random the screen will freeze, followed by loss of video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnhTuMai, Aug 12, 2020.

1. AnhTuMai Win User

New PC crashing, no BSOD

I just finished building this PC, and it runs fine most of the time. However, seemingly at random the screen will freeze, followed by loss of video output. I then have to long-press the power button to restart. Any help with diagnosing this issue would be much appreciated! Below is pertinent information, and let me know if anything else is needed. So far, I've tried running the PC with and without various dongles, but I can't seem to pinpoint if any one of them is causing the crashes.

Checking reliability history:
    Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 117
    Parameter 1: ffffa08f6f7a23e0
    Parameter 2: fffff8076c688950
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x117_Tdr:9_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Unknown
    Server information: 60489b02-e28f-45f3-a32f-49375ce5ff46

DMP files and MSINFO32:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnHczqrrRXaggQz2fvxNQvE7PeZI?e=oLy3xi

I don't have minidumps for every time the PC has crashed. I can upload the full dump file if necessary.

:)

AnhTuMai, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 12, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 12, 2020
  4. New PC crashing, no BSOD

BSOD help with new PC

Hi,

My new PC (Win 10) has a BSOD every few minutes with a DPC Watchdog violation.

I've followed a number of the typical debug steps:

• Updated drivers inc. chipset and graphics
    • In device manager checked IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the driver is storahci.sys and I've tried to updated using the Standard SATA AHCI Controller on my PC
    • No external devices are attached
    • removed AV
    • Disabled Sound drivers in device manager

Still the problems are occurring frequently. I have a minidmp file here: 012718-5515-01.dmp

and there is also a 700MB memory.dmp that I can share if it is helpful?

Grateful for any advice that anyone can share. Thanks in advance.

KrisCoverdale, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

New PC crashing, no BSOD

1. New PC crashing, no BSOD - Similar Threads - crashing BSOD

2. Windows Laptop keeps crashing and occasionally BSODs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Laptop keeps crashing and occasionally BSODs.: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop keeps crashing. I don't know what to do. Everytime I turn it on, after 5-10 minutes it just freezes and crashes. On rare occasions it lasts a little bit longer. I am completely stuck, and I dont know what to do. Occasionally, I get BSOD messages,...
  3. Windows Laptop keeps crashing and occasionally BSODs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Laptop keeps crashing and occasionally BSODs.: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop keeps crashing. I don't know what to do. Everytime I turn it on, after 5-10 minutes it just freezes and crashes. On rare occasions it lasts a little bit longer. I am completely stuck, and I dont know what to do. Occasionally, I get BSOD messages,...
  4. Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...: Hello,my laptop is starting to random crash for no reason and i don't know why. Can anybody help?i've run tests and benchmarks and everything is passed with green lights.Here's the event logs with a recent crash.logs.evtxIt just freeze with no BSOD but black screen on main...
  5. Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...

Random Times PC hard crash. No BSOD, just frozen screen; and bugged out audio making an odd...: Hello,my laptop is starting to random crash for no reason and i don't know why. Can anybody help?i've run tests and benchmarks and everything is passed with green lights.Here's the event logs with a recent crash.logs.evtxIt just freeze with no BSOD but black screen on main...
  6. Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.

Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.: Hey,I am running into issues where my computer is randomly crashing while I play games, and there is times where my computer straight up freezes before restarting, showing no screen, or a BSOD does appear. My games also tend to crash if my pc doesn't crash as a whole. I have...
  7. Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.: Hey,I am running into issues where my computer is randomly crashing while I play games, and there is times where my computer straight up freezes before restarting, showing no screen, or a BSOD does appear. My games also tend to crash if my pc doesn't crash as a whole. I have...
  8. Crashing with a 50/50 chance of freezing before restarting or BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. BSOD Crash with Minidump indicationg ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash with Minidump indicationg ntkrnlmp.exe: Just trying to get more info, not really used to readying minidump files. Just making sure I'm not missing anything. Ran SFC and it said it found and repaired a few files.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZnqFkVCfVLWr0ZoXnWXu8iDG-9Y1QmB/view?usp=sharing...
  10. BSOD Crash with Minidump indicationg ntkrnlmp.exe

BSOD Crash with Minidump indicationg ntkrnlmp.exe: Just trying to get more info, not really used to readying minidump files. Just making sure I'm not missing anything. Ran SFC and it said it found and repaired a few files.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZnqFkVCfVLWr0ZoXnWXu8iDG-9Y1QmB/view?usp=sharing...