Windows 10: New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents

Discus and support New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have renewed my pc and now have the latest Windows 10. I currently save all my documents on a Gdrive, but can't directly save to my Gdrive on my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavJohnson75, Feb 5, 2019.

1. New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents

I have renewed my pc and now have the latest Windows 10. I currently save all my documents on a Gdrive, but can't directly save to my Gdrive on my new computer. I can't seem to get my pc to recognise my Gdrive as a locarion within which to save documents. I can access my G drive to retrieve documents without issue, but problems come when I need to make changes. Advice to solve this problem would be gratefully received!

:)

DavJohnson75, Feb 5, 2019

2. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Documents being saved to OneDrive when I want them saved only to local PC

To further assist you changing the default saving location of the document, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Open an existing document or create a new document.

2. Click File in the top-left portion of the window.

3. Once you’re on the screen where you can see your existing documents, click
    Options

4. In the Options windows, select Save from the list of options on the left.

5. To remove OneDrive as the default save location, find and check the box labeled
    Save to Computer by default. The default save location is your user Documents folder.

6. If you do not wish Documents folder as your new default save location, you may choose to set a custom save location.

7. Click Browse button next to the Default Local File Location box and navigate to the desired location on your PC.

8. When you’ve made your selection, click OK to save it.

9. Click OK again to close the Options window.

10. After doing the following steps, you may need to restart the Office application for it to take effect.

Let us know if you still have concerns.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Feb 5, 2019
  4. EesahAmin Win User

New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents

Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad

That works perfectly - the iPad is up to date and I’ve already deleted and re-installed the google drive app but the issue still persisted. But your suggestion of saving to my ipad and then moving it to drive is brilliant.

I still kind of wish that it worked natively and I don’t have to jump thorugh these hoops but I can’t have everything I suppose.

thank you so much

EesahAmin, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents

1. New PC doesn't recognise Google Drive as a location to save documents - Similar Threads - doesn't recognise Google

2. Saving Documents on Dual Drive PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Documents on Dual Drive PC: Ok this should be an easy one and I appreciate your help.Ok so I have a Dual Drive PC. The C; drive is the SSD where my OS, antivirus software, Quicken, Word/Excel.... are saved. D; Drive is my HDD where most of my documents, pictures, videos....and downloads are...
  3. Saving Documents on Dual Drive PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Documents on Dual Drive PC: Ok this should be an easy one and I appreciate your help.Ok so I have a Dual Drive PC. The C; drive is the SSD where my OS, antivirus software, Quicken, Word/Excel.... are saved. D; Drive is my HDD where most of my documents, pictures, videos....and downloads are...
  4. Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  5. Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  6. locate documents saved in carbonite

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locate documents saved in carbonite: locate documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-documents-saved-in-carbonite/3c487e21-e7e2-4e59-8e99-500aff1865e2"
  7. the computer saves the scanned documents in wrong location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the computer saves the scanned documents in wrong location: My scanner Epson saves the scans in the following location C:\Users\My\Pictures\Scans. But I changed the path manually to the location I prefer and it used to work before the update. Now it is not working. Can you help me?...
  8. Unable to save scan documents to preferred location

Unable to save scan documents to preferred location: My Epson scaner would save the scans in C:\Users\Andrew\Pictures\Scans. So I created a new folder C:\Users\Andrew\Scans, and it worked. Any idea what happened. Anything I can look at. Did a Windows update change something, because this is not the only issue I have had...
  9. Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad

Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad: I bought an iPad pro 2017 to make notes and write while on the go. But whenever I try to save a document to google drive - for which I spend £2.49 every month for 200GB, it comes up with the message “sorry something went wrong and this file can’t open”. Its very frustrating,...
  10. Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders

Photos app doesn't see images located in Google Drive folders: I backup photos from my phone to Google Photos which then automatically syncs them to my hard drive to a folder in Google Drive. The folder containing these images in Google Drive has been included in the Pictures library, but the Photos app doesn't see them and says "No...