Windows 10: New PC dropping connection to router irregular.

Discus and support New PC dropping connection to router irregular. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently got a new PC an HP Omen. It connects to my plusnet router via a wired ethernet cable that goes from one side of the house to the other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by woldsweather, Nov 26, 2018.

1. New PC dropping connection to router irregular.

I have recently got a new PC an HP Omen. It connects to my plusnet router via a wired ethernet cable that goes from one side of the house to the other. The cable was installed abouit 3 months ago and I had no problem with the previous computer.
    Occasionally it disconnects from the router and to get it to reconnect I have to pull out the ethernet cable from the wall socket and reinsert then it usually connects. When it doesn't connect I have a yellow triangle sing on the PC logo in the taskbar. When this happens nothing will connect wirelessly to the router either. I get message intern t may not be available.
    What could be the problem?

:)

woldsweather, Nov 26, 2018
  2. kh6652 Win User

WiFi drops new router

New router,other laptops and phones connect no problem. Laptop Windows 10 Lenovo connects when starting up, then drops WiFi, and says no internet connection available . Laptop was fine with prior router. No recent updates to system. All other devices work.

kh6652, Nov 26, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 26, 2018
  4. New PC dropping connection to router irregular.

Windows 10 upgrade on one PC causes router to drop other devices

My PC is fully updated, but you seem to be missing the point. My PC connects to my network just fine, but now causes the router to drop other devices.

• What is different about networking in Windows 10 that would cause such behavior?
    • Why would a printer, which is shared from a different PC, drop off the LAN when my PC connects?
    • Why would my DirecTV receiver and Denon home theater receiver do the same?

MikeD95118, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

New PC dropping connection to router irregular.

1. New PC dropping connection to router irregular. - Similar Threads - dropping connection router

2. Pc stuttering irregularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuttering irregularly: Hi guys in september 2022 i bought a new pc with these specs:I7 12700K32GB RAM 3200mhznvidia geforce 3070 1tb ssd nvmecorsair rm750 psuand since day 1 i'm having a problem with the pc, it casually start stuttering for like milliseconds and sometimes all the usbs get...
  3. Pc stuttering irregularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuttering irregularly: Hi guys in september 2022 i bought a new pc with these specs:I7 12700K32GB RAM 3200mhznvidia geforce 3070 1tb ssd nvmecorsair rm750 psuand since day 1 i'm having a problem with the pc, it casually start stuttering for like milliseconds and sometimes all the usbs get...
  4. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  5. Internet slowly dropping out, but still connected to router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slowly dropping out, but still connected to router.: I am using a wireless connection on a windows 10 pc. Randomly my download speeds start to dwindle over the course of a few minuets until it finally just drops connection all together. Other computers on the network continue to have a internet connection. In order to get...
  6. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  7. Connected pc invisible on router

Connected pc invisible on router: Hi, there are several devices that are regularly connected at differnt times on my home network, but one pc which doesn't show even though it is connected. No deliberate attempt to hide it has been made, and we can see no reason for it being hidden. It recently reappeared...
  8. new router unable to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new router unable to connect printer: i have recently had a Sky router installed, previously Talktalk. Since changing router I am unable to connect my devices to me printer, it just doesnt seem to recognise printer at all. Wifi working well on all device...
  9. No internet connection using a new router

No internet connection using a new router: Hello! I bought a new Netgear router since the old one was giving me some issues. I connected it up, did everything with my ssid and password & such, and tried to use it. I discovered that the wifi is working great but my desktop is connected to the router via ethernet and...
  10. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable): Hi, when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every couple of minutes. My configuration is: laptop: HP Envy 13-d006nc system: Windows 10 Home 64bit ethernet adapter: i-tec...