Windows 10: New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD

Discus and support New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new Asus gaming PC a little over a month ago and since day one I've been getting frequent crashes. Usually, these crashes are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MasterJex, Dec 8, 2020.

1. MasterJex Win User

New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD

I just bought a new Asus gaming PC a little over a month ago and since day one I've been getting frequent crashes. Usually, these crashes are accompanied by a blue screen error message, but not always. The crashes happen while doing anything from browsing the internet to playing a game, and they've even happened while the PC was sitting idle. I've tried every suggestion I can find over the past month, including updating drivers, updating windows, removing USB devices and performing a factory reset of Windows, among many other smaller things.

Can anyone help me solve this issue? I am very new to this; I generally know my way around a PC, at least superficially, but I've never needed to come to a forum for help. I've got my system info and specs as well as three minidumps I got this morning after running Driver Verifier. Please let me know if you need more information.

Here is the link to all the files and I'm terribly sorry if this is inconvenient. As I said, I've never done this so I'm not sure about the customary method for uploading these.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgbHEZM2JYXpin3-WFUTUdt-LbwR?e=LquDyB

:)

MasterJex, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Dec 8, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

axe0, Dec 8, 2020
  4. New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD

BSOD help with new PC

Hi,

My new PC (Win 10) has a BSOD every few minutes with a DPC Watchdog violation.

I've followed a number of the typical debug steps:

• Updated drivers inc. chipset and graphics
    • In device manager checked IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the driver is storahci.sys and I've tried to updated using the Standard SATA AHCI Controller on my PC
    • No external devices are attached
    • removed AV
    • Disabled Sound drivers in device manager

Still the problems are occurring frequently. I have a minidmp file here: 012718-5515-01.dmp

and there is also a 700MB memory.dmp that I can share if it is helpful?

Grateful for any advice that anyone can share. Thanks in advance.

KrisCoverdale, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD

1. New PC frequently crashing, usually with BSOD - Similar Threads - frequently crashing usually

2. New PC system crashes frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC system crashes frequently: I recently put together a new gaming pc. However, i keep running into my PC crashing Bug check code 0x1000007e It seems to be caused by drivers i think but i'm not entirely sure how to repair/replace or update them. Can anyone help me out? I added some pictures of the DMP...
  3. New PC system crashes frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC system crashes frequently: I recently put together a new gaming pc. However, i keep running into my PC crashing Bug check code 0x1000007e It seems to be caused by drivers i think but i'm not entirely sure how to repair/replace or update them. Can anyone help me out? I added some pictures of the DMP...
  4. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  5. Frequent BSOD on new pc

Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  6. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC: Hi folksI've just gotten set up with an almost entirely new PC, with the only parts from my previous rig being the PSU, an M.2 SSD and two HDDs. I've had frequent BSOD errors when trying to install programs/drivers/games etc., and a few that seemed to have been triggered just...
  7. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC: Hi folksI've just gotten set up with an almost entirely new PC, with the only parts from my previous rig being the PSU, an M.2 SSD and two HDDs. I've had frequent BSOD errors when trying to install programs/drivers/games etc., and a few that seemed to have been triggered just...
  8. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Frequent BSOD on new custom pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD on new custom pc: For around a month now, my pc has frequent bsod. I've tried almost everything I could think of updating drivers, reinstalling windows, memtest, booting from a different ssd ect. but nothing has worked. I was wondering if someone with more experience could help me out or...
  10. New Computer with Frequent BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer with Frequent BSOD crashes: About a month ago I bought a brand new computer but I have been experiencing frequent crashes, usually when playing videos & music, but it has also happened while the computer was idle. The most frequent message was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I have updated all of my drivers and...