Windows 10: New PC getting BSOD's

Discus and support New PC getting BSOD's in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I'm having some problems with my new PC. Anytime I play a somewhat demanding game for, let's say 15-30 minutes I get a BSOD which error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthysT, Jun 2, 2020.

1. MatthysT Win User

New PC getting BSOD's

Hey, I'm having some problems with my new PC.

Anytime I play a somewhat demanding game for, let's say 15-30 minutes I get a BSOD which error code varies or very occasionally crashes to desktop without any error messages. On older, not so demanding games or programs everything works perfectly.

I've had the PC for about a week and the problems have existed since day one, so I have been googling around for answers. I've done some scans in cmd all of which say everything is fine, tried updating drivers and I've looked into the dump files using BlueScreenView, but I'm not getting any wiser from that. I also reinstalled Windows multiple times. All to no avail.

The most recent minidumps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15WR5VetGuo-AD4rHk_0xfufqc0saF75a

I'm not an expert on interpreting those though, so any help is appreciated. In every dump ntoskrnl.exe is highlited.

My setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8G
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x 8GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
    Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock 4
    Storage 1: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD
    Storage 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1 TB SSD
    Storage 3: Seagate BarraCuda, 1 TB HDD

Again, any help is highly valued. If I left out any information that's necessary to get a full picture, just let me know.

-Matthijs

:)

MatthysT, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jun 2, 2020
  4. New PC getting BSOD's

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

New PC getting BSOD's

1. New PC getting BSOD's - Similar Threads - getting BSOD's

2. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  5. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  6. Getting Memory Management BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Memory Management BSOD: Hey Team,I've tried to do a fair amount of digging and testing to try to resolve my Memory management BSOD, but have had no luck. I've tried updating drivers as well as uninstalling some that I found in similar threads that I had, but still no luck. I've also tried various...
  7. Getting Memory Management BSOD

Getting Memory Management BSOD: Hey Team,I've tried to do a fair amount of digging and testing to try to resolve my Memory management BSOD, but have had no luck. I've tried updating drivers as well as uninstalling some that I found in similar threads that I had, but still no luck. I've also tried various...
  8. Getting Memory Management BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...: I can't do anything I've tried resetting it it won't even finish that process without bluescreening, I don't get it, it won't stop its completely unusable, got a $4000 paperweight...
  10. I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...

I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...: I can't do anything I've tried resetting it it won't even finish that process without bluescreening, I don't get it, it won't stop its completely unusable, got a $4000 paperweight...