Windows 10: new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc?

Discus and support new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so I'm upgrading from a laptop to a desktop, and i was wondering, how do I transfer everything to the new pc? I want to do this because for my games, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenShankroff., Jan 31, 2021.

1. new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc?

so I'm upgrading from a laptop to a desktop, and i was wondering, how do I transfer everything to the new pc? I want to do this because for my games, I have a ton of settings that are annoying to set, and a bunch registry edits.

:)

BenShankroff., Jan 31, 2021
  2. PKJ
    pkj Win User

Transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC

I have purchased a new PC and I would like to transfer Windows license from my old PC to the new one. I am using Windows 10 (which was upgraded from Win 8.1) on my older computer and is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. On my new PC, I have installed fresh copy of Win 10 using Media Creation Tool. To activate Windows on the new PC, I attempted the following, but have not deactivated Windows on the old PC (deactivation procedure described here)-

Settings > Update & Security > Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Logged into my connected Microsoft account > This is the device I’m using right now > Activate.

After performing the above, I am unable to activate Windows on my new PC. Please help me with the following-

1. Do I need to deactivate windows on older PC first?
    2. Does Microsoft entitle users to transfer licenses to new PC?
    3. Is there anything else which I have missed out?

If this helps- slmgr -dli gives the following

new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc? LTP2X.jpg

3. transfer windows 10 to new pc?

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2021
  4. new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc?

Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC

I have a PC running Win 10 Home.

I have purchased a new PC running OEM-installed Win 10 Professional.

Becasue EasyTransfer is not included in Win 10, I have purchased the Microsoft-recommended solution, Laplink PC Transfer.

When carrying out the transfer, Laplink causes the new PCs operating system to revert to Win 10 Home. The Win 10 Pro disk supplied with the new PC cannot be used to upgrade to Win 10 Pro after the transfer, but I was able to use it to do a clean re-install
    of Win 10 Pro. If I then carry out the Lapllink transfer again, the new PC again reverts to Win 10 Home. I have raised this with Laplink now in 3 separate service calls, and failed to get an answer.

Advice or suggestions, please.

How do I transfer everything to my new PC and still retain the Win 10 Pro OS I paid for?

DavidRSmith107, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc?

1. new pc. how do I transfer my whole disk to my new pc? - Similar Threads - transfer whole disk

2. How do I transfer old files to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer old files to a new pc?: So I got my PC reset, and i'm trying to get my old files back even though I don't have the old pc. I do have the account of my old pc, but how do I sync the files to the new one? Or is it not possible???...
  3. How do I transfer old files to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer old files to a new pc?: So I got my PC reset, and i'm trying to get my old files back even though I don't have the old pc. I do have the account of my old pc, but how do I sync the files to the new one? Or is it not possible???...
  4. How to I transfer my OEM windows to a new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to I transfer my OEM windows to a new pc: Hi. A year ago. i got a Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop with OEM windows 10 on it. I want to switch from laptop to PC gaming, and i have everything under control, except the windows part. I want to transfer my windows from the Acer Nitro 5 to my PC, and im wondering how to do...
  5. How to I transfer my OEM windows to a new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I transfer my OEM windows to a new pc: Hi. A year ago. i got a Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop with OEM windows 10 on it. I want to switch from laptop to PC gaming, and i have everything under control, except the windows part. I want to transfer my windows from the Acer Nitro 5 to my PC, and im wondering how to do...
  6. How to I transfer my OEM windows to a new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I transfer my windows to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my windows to a new pc?: Hey so I bought a new pc with no os, and instead of waiting for the 3.5gb of the media creation tool to download (its gonna take me around 3 hours and gonna ruin my evening, slow internet...) I thought if I could transfer an existing windows files to boot from my usb (some...
  8. Transferring my account to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring my account to a new PC: Hello dear Microsoft Community, I will be moving to another pc today. I will no more be using my current pc. I have an active Windows 10 Pro key linked to my microsoft account. When switching my computer, is it enough to me to format my current pc and just link my account to...
  9. how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i transfer from old pc to my new pc?: Looking for a simple way to transfer from my old pc to my new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-from-old-pc-to-my-new-pc/25277d5c-5cfa-4682-8376-ee038029ef37"
  10. how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc: how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-transfer-my-windows-10-to-another-new-pc/e4e14c8e-ceaf-4e35-8769-a12b6c0f7663