Windows 10: New PC in automatic repair loop

Discus and support New PC in automatic repair loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, everyone! I turned on a brand-new PC with Win10 pre-installed, and it didn't boot. Instead, it got stuck in an automatic repair loop. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Agfa, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Agfa Win User

New PC in automatic repair loop

Hey, everyone!

I turned on a brand-new PC with Win10 pre-installed, and it didn't boot. Instead, it got stuck in an automatic repair loop. I've tried all of the solutions proposed in the community to no avail. My last resort is to reinstall Windows, but I'm afraid I might lose my activation key, since I don't have it.

Any ideas? Would I lose my activation key if I reinstall the OS?

Thanks!

:)

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Apr 22, 2020
  4. larry Win User

larry, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. New PC in automatic repair loop - Similar Threads - automatic repair loop

2. Automatic repair loop, pc rest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop, pc rest: Hi I have been stuck in an automatic repair loop for about 2 days, I’ve tried all the options and it either doesn’t work or sends me back to the automatic repair. I have windows 10 already installed and I still have the disk and key but my pc doesn’t have a disk drive I...
  3. Automatic repair loop, pc rest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop, pc rest: Hi I have been stuck in an automatic repair loop for about 2 days, I’ve tried all the options and it either doesn’t work or sends me back to the automatic repair. I have windows 10 already installed and I still have the disk and key but my pc doesn’t have a disk drive I...
  4. Automatic repair loop, pc rest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. automatic repair couldn't repair your pc loop

automatic repair couldn't repair your pc loop: It all begin when i suddenly keep getting disconnected to my wireless network after 1h and 30min of internet access and when i go to device manager, under network adapters, i saw an exclamation mark beside my wireless network adapter, so i tried to uninstall that network...
  6. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I moved my PC recently and I forget to turn of the computer before unplugging it so I our it up stairs and once I plugged it tried to use the automatic repair but it popped up a blue screen saying my PC didn't start up correctly. I've tried nearly everything except...
  7. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I wanted to format my SD Card (it is 4 partitions in EXT4), so opened diskmgmt and tried to delete all sd partitions. My PC's keyboard frozen, so i restarted pc and it keep restarting until I realized it is in boot loop, and i power off and power on pc. And windows...
  8. "Automatic repair could't repair your PC" loop

"Automatic repair could't repair your PC" loop: Hello, I was using my PC and windows 10 notified that an awaiting update or upgrade (I don't remember exactly), so reboot first to install the updates/upgrade. Then when rebooting, The system installed some stuff and it then restarted automatically but it was stuck on...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop: Can someone please help me. My laptop is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10. It was working alright this morning until I turn it off then tryed to turn it back on. It was really slow starting up and when it did a message come up...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...