Windows 10: New PC is unable to use RDP to any server

Discus and support New PC is unable to use RDP to any server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new workstation running Windows 10 64 build 19041.508. I am unable to use RDP to connect to other workstations. I have attempted to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Have_I_Mentioned_I_Use_Ar, Sep 14, 2020.

1. New PC is unable to use RDP to any server

I have a new workstation running Windows 10 64 build 19041.508. I am unable to use RDP to connect to other workstations. I have attempted to connect to multiple different servers, all of which I am able to connect with from other devices on the same network using the same RDP file/settings. Upon clicking connect the dialogue box hangs on "configuring remote session" before stating "This computer can't connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator".

I am certain it is not an issue with the firewall/VPN/server, as I have other devices with the same configuration functioning properly, using the same user account for the VPN. This issue occurs prior to authentication, as if I do not provide a username I am never prompted for one.

I have followed all of the troubleshooting on this page and all I could find online.

• Attempted to connect to multiple servers
    • Uninstalled all antivirus and disabled windows firewall
    • Disabled all shared resources, including disabling audio
    • Lowered resolution to 640x480 with 16 bit color
    • Ensured there were no saved credentials
    • I have ran all available windows updates
    • SFC /SCANNOW
    • CHKDSK
    • I am on a "private network"
    • Disabled persistent bitmap caching
    • If server auth fails it is set to warn me
    • Uninstalling all vendor software Lenovo Vantage
    • Uninstalling Realtek drivers
    • Deleting the certificate, restarting service, confirming certificate was re-created.
    • Renamed C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA rename "MachineKeys" to "MachineKeys_backup", then restarted the service as before
    • Ensured \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Cache was empty
    • Created a new windows profile
    • Succesfully can telnet to the IP addresses that I am unable to use RDP to connect to
    • Ran PS command Test-NetConnection <device_ip> -Port 3389 -InformationLevel Quiet which returned "True"
    • Verified port number in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp" is 3389/d3d
    • Created DWORD value 1 at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\RDGClientTransport
    • Checked registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\fDenyTSConnections and ensured value was set to 0
    • Running netstat -ano find "3389" to see if there are conflicts. There are none. Note: While I am connecting I can see a connection established withe the remote server, however, RDP still gives me the error and the connection is broken/no longer shows up in netstat
    • Appended the line "enablecredsspsupport:i:0:" to the RDP file

I am sure I have attempted a handful of other fixes, any input would be appreciated.

:)

Have_I_Mentioned_I_Use_Ar, Sep 14, 2020

2. Unable to RDP into Windows Server 2012 R2 after installing January 8, 2019 Rollup

After installing the January 8, 2019 Rollup (KB4480963) on a server running Windows Server 2012 R2, I found I was unable to RDP into that server. Troubleshooting included checking settings and permissions for RDP and trying to access the server via a file
    share and pinging the server, both of which I could do without a problem. The problem appears to be limited to access via RDP.

I had to uninstall the patch and reboot the server to restore RDP access. I made no other changes to the server other than installing the patch. The server is a member server in an Active Directory domain.

I'm reporting this problem as it appears to be a bug in this update.

LibrarySystemsAdmin, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Sep 14, 2020
  4. New PC is unable to use RDP to any server

Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP

To clarify:

RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch.

User IS able to launch applications when signed into destination device directly.

Other users are not encountering issues opening applications when connected via RDP on the same devices.

Issue seems to occur only on this users specific profile.

Any suggestions?

Magan Zanella, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

New PC is unable to use RDP to any server

1. New PC is unable to use RDP to any server - Similar Threads - unable RDP server

2. Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC: I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to connect to the work domain and then RDP to my work desktop.I have been doing this for years on my home Win10 PC.I have...
  3. Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC: I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to connect to the work domain and then RDP to my work desktop.I have been doing this for years on my home Win10 PC.I have...
  4. Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server: Hello, I am currently validating Yubikey Security Keys for my business. The use case is logging in to Salesforce with MFA, but only after connecting to a Terminal Server from a Thin Client via RDP - meaning the SF-user is working on the TS, not on the local machine.I have...
  5. Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server

Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server: Hello, I am currently validating Yubikey Security Keys for my business. The use case is logging in to Salesforce with MFA, but only after connecting to a Terminal Server from a Thin Client via RDP - meaning the SF-user is working on the TS, not on the local machine.I have...
  6. Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  8. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  9. Unable to connect RDP for particular server

in Cortana
    Unable to connect RDP for particular server: Hi Support I'm getting following error while connecting to one particual server and not all server The remote session was disconnected because there are no remote desktop client access license available for this computer I tried to delete the Mslicense Dword from...
  10. rdp license server

rdp license server: Hello , i would like to know how to reactive rdp license server for windows server 2012 R2. I just deleted : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing ) but with out result. 88985