Windows 10: New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter

Discus and support New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, Just built a new pc and connected my ethernet cable that I used for my old pc that worked fine, but my new pc cannot connect to the internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/G_rizzly, Dec 26, 2020.

1. New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter

Hey all,

Just built a new pc and connected my ethernet cable that I used for my old pc that worked fine, but my new pc cannot connect to the internet. The troubleshooter says that it couldn't find a driver for it, and the network adapter doesn't even show up in device manager, even with show hidden turned on (only shows all the WAN adapters). Any help is super appreciated!!

Thanks New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter :)

submitted by /u/G_rizzly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/G_rizzly, Dec 26, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Polo6RGTI, Dec 26, 2020
  4. New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter

networking not working - problem with driver for ethernet adapter

after a windows update my network does not work. regular PC, LAN attached. Windows 10.

I run troubleshooting step - system says "there might be a problem with the driver for the ethernet adapter". "windows could not automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter"

In control panel, network connections the adapter shows as enabled. When I disconnect the cable, it shows as unplugged. Have replace the cable. Lights up on the adapter and the ethernet hub.

I also just installed a USB network adapter. After this problem. Thinking I could connect thru the USB. That adapter installs correctly. Says it is enabled. When I run diagnose on that adapter, get the same message. Problem with driver. Could not bind
    the IP protocol stack.

What to do? Can I boot the PC in some sort of minimal mode to verify the adapter is working?

thanks,

Steve Richter, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter

1. New PC: No driver for ethernet network adapter - Similar Threads - driver ethernet network

2. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  3. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  4. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 PC no longer recognizes ethernet cable / Ethernet network adapter drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC no longer recognizes ethernet cable / Ethernet network adapter drivers missing: I have a PC that I keep connected to Ethernet via a 100ft cable that snakes up to the wifi extender upstairs it's not inside the wall or anything, it literally goes across my room, under my door, and up the stairs because the wifi in my room is spotty at best and gives me...
  6. Windows 10 PC no longer recognizes ethernet cable / Ethernet network adapter drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC no longer recognizes ethernet cable / Ethernet network adapter drivers missing: I have a PC that I keep connected to Ethernet via a 100ft cable that snakes up to the wifi extender upstairs it's not inside the wall or anything, it literally goes across my room, under my door, and up the stairs because the wifi in my room is spotty at best and gives me...
  7. Windows 10 PC no longer recognizes ethernet cable / Ethernet network adapter drivers missing

8. Ethernet network adapter missing

Ethernet network adapter missing: My ethernet network adapter suddenly went missing. I have tried many methods and it still wont work. I cannot uninstall it as it is not even there and i already tried uninstalling previous updates the update was 1 month ago and it still wont work I always had this problem...
  9. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  10. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...