Windows 10: New PC not enough space for Windows 10?

Discus and support New PC not enough space for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Windows Setup has no space, it suggests to connect another drive with at least 9GB free to continue. Just connect a flash drive with enough space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jonnya, Oct 24, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

New PC not enough space for Windows 10?

When Windows Setup has no space, it suggests to connect another drive with at least 9GB free to continue. Just connect a flash drive with enough space and proceed with the upgrade. No need to touch any partitions.

spapakons, Oct 25, 2015
  2. jonnya Win User

This is the one I want to try, as I haven't understood most of the other options *Smile

But someone did earlier say that the HP forums are full of people who tried this and failed?

And regarding a clean install, I'm not sure I have a key. I didn't have a disk or anything.

jonnya, Oct 27, 2015
  3. spapakons Win User
    You don't need a key, just click Skip during setup. To be able to activate Windows 10, you must either upgrade your previous version to 10, or create an activation token as described in this post and use it to activate a clean-install. If the USB used has not enough space or some access error interrupt the process, it will fail. To make sure, format the USB drive as NTFS so it can save large files over 4GB, if there is anyone. Also make sure it has at least 10-12GB free. Oh yes, disable your antivirus during the upgrade so it won't try to block anything.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Create a Factory Recovery Drive - remove the factory image partition > upgrade to windows 10 via the setup media on a USB
    By running Setup.exe from USB while booted into Host win8.1 OS

Once the Windows 10 Upgrade is activated - you can Clean install windows 10 at any time during the life of that PC

Thema:

1. New PC not enough space for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - enough space

2. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  3. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  4. How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...: I'm attempting to create an ISO file to install windows on a new PC build and I'm using the Windows media creator. After selecting ISO not USB and selecting the drive I have with nearly 300GB of free space that I double checked was actually cleaned disk space it keeps saying...
  5. How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...: I'm attempting to create an ISO file to install windows on a new PC build and I'm using the Windows media creator. After selecting ISO not USB and selecting the drive I have with nearly 300GB of free space that I double checked was actually cleaned disk space it keeps saying...
  6. How do I create an ISO file when it says I don't have enough space in my 296GB free space...

7. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11": Trying to install Windows 11, keep getting this error. Followed multiple suggestions to resize partitions, repair disk, but nothing is working....
  8. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11": Trying to install Windows 11, keep getting this error. Followed multiple suggestions to resize partitions, repair disk, but nothing is working....
  9. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. it's telling me that i don't have enough space

it's telling me that i don't have enough space: i downloaded the game from steam and downloaded 100 gb from it , then i restarted my pc and tried to resume the download but it tells me that i need more space , before i restarted there was 15 gb remaining and i have 28 gb....