Windows 10: New PC not recognizing headset mic.

Discus and support New PC not recognizing headset mic. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/69Human69, Jan 24, 2021.

1. New PC not recognizing headset mic.

I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to use both on my old PC. How can i fix this?

submitted by /u/69Human69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/69Human69, Jan 24, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

New PC not recognizing headset mic. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

New PC not recognizing headset mic.

Headset mic

Depends on the specs of your hardware, you have not given enough detail.

PCs are normally separate Headphone and Mic sockets.
    Laptops a Combo socket (TRRS).

Headsets usually come with adapters to cater for both scenarios.

My headset has a Combo plug (TRRS), and an adapter for separate Headphones and Mic sockets.

You can plug the Headset Combo plug in to a Headphone only socket, but the Mic won't work. there is no second R contact.

Helmut, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

New PC not recognizing headset mic.

1. New PC not recognizing headset mic. - Similar Threads - recognizing headset mic

2. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  3. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  4. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset Mic not recognized Precision 5530

Headset Mic not recognized Precision 5530: My laptop is not detecting the mic on the headset. 'I've tried:-All the troubleshooters-updating drivers-installing Waves Maxx Audio Pro-Mic privacy settings-Making sure the mic isn't mutedAnything else I can try...
  6. Computer not recognizing headset mic

Computer not recognizing headset mic: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series model 7570 Headset: Steelseries Arctis 1 wired Issue: When the headset is plugged into the computer, audio comes out just fine, but the computer does not recognize the microphone. It has worked before with this computer, and works...
  7. Computer not recognizing headset and mic input, and mic not working

Computer not recognizing headset and mic input, and mic not working: My laptop is a Dell Latitude E5540, and my headset is the PDP LVL 40 headset. It has a 3.5mm TRRS jack, so it is supposed to have the input for the mic on it. I plug this into my computer, no pop-up dialog shows up. Adding on to that, I checked Settings and found that the...
  8. Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

Headset mic not recognized by laptop.: I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a dual 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male. I connected my headset to the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5 mm male then I connected the two male...
  9. My PC doesn't recognize my headset's mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC doesn't recognize my headset's mic: I already bought an Audio and Mic Aux Splitter Cable for my KZ ZST headset but whenever I try to call in any messaging apps it doesn't recognize the mic of my headset so it doesn't let me push through the call. My Jabra headphones can make calls just fine but it's a USB...
  10. Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic

Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic: I have had this problem a few months ago on my HP computer and cannot remember where I went to fix the Windows setting. I use a USB headset and after I've been on my computer for a while not using the headset, I get the message that "No speakers or headphones are plugged in."...