Windows 10: New PC not recognizing headset mic.

Discus and support New PC not recognizing headset mic. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/69Human69, Jan 24, 2021.

1. New PC not recognizing headset mic.

I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to use both on my old PC. How can i fix this?

submitted by /u/69Human69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/69Human69, Jan 24, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

New PC not recognizing headset mic. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

New PC not recognizing headset mic.

Headset mic

Depends on the specs of your hardware, you have not given enough detail.

PCs are normally separate Headphone and Mic sockets.
    Laptops a Combo socket (TRRS).

Headsets usually come with adapters to cater for both scenarios.

My headset has a Combo plug (TRRS), and an adapter for separate Headphones and Mic sockets.

You can plug the Headset Combo plug in to a Headphone only socket, but the Mic won't work. there is no second R contact.

Helmut, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

New PC not recognizing headset mic.

1. New PC not recognizing headset mic. - Similar Threads - recognizing headset mic

2. Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not recognized by laptop.: I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a dual 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male. I connected my headset to the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5 mm male then I connected the two male...
  3. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: I recently purchased a pair of Soundcore Life P2 ear buds. The buds pair fine with my Android phone and one Windows 10 PC. It works fine as a headset with the microphone recognized. I have one Windows 10 machine where the P2 are recognized as only stereo headphones. I...
  4. New headset mic not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New headset mic not working?: Just got a new cosair headset, and when plug it in, the audio in the headphones work just fine, but the mic doesn't pick up any noise, the computer built mic does. i try to change the input, but the headset doesnt even show up as an option. My only mic things say "Stereo mix"...
  5. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: Hi All- I've recently been trying to troubleshoot my microphone issue with the Soundcore Liberty Air bluetooth headset. Windows would recognize the device as an audio input, but I could not get it to pick up any signal from the mic. I have no issues when pairing this...
  6. My PC doesn't recognize my headset's mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC doesn't recognize my headset's mic: I already bought an Audio and Mic Aux Splitter Cable for my KZ ZST headset but whenever I try to call in any messaging apps it doesn't recognize the mic of my headset so it doesn't let me push through the call. My Jabra headphones can make calls just fine but it's a USB...
  7. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic: Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up. Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack...
  8. PC not recognizing headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC not recognizing headset microphone: I just recently bought a Cyberpower PC with windows ten installed. I tried to use my built in headset mic to talk with my friends on discord, but it wasn't recognized. I have a turtle beach recon. I reinstalled the drivers, and it still says that there is no microphone...
  9. Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic

Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic: I have had this problem a few months ago on my HP computer and cannot remember where I went to fix the Windows setting. I use a USB headset and after I've been on my computer for a while not using the headset, I get the message that "No speakers or headphones are plugged in."...
  10. Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10: The audio works fine, and it was working great until about a week ago when it mysteriously stopped recognizing my mic at all, which i noticed because it would no longer let me voice chat in a favorite game of mine. Ive since then made the laptop recognize my mic, but it still...