Windows 10: New PC plagued with seemingly random blue screens of death

Discus and support New PC plagued with seemingly random blue screens of death in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So for a little bit of context, I purchased a PC in March of this year, and pretty much from the beginning it's been aggravating to me. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OwlShapedGhoul, Sep 28, 2020.

1. New PC plagued with seemingly random blue screens of death

So for a little bit of context, I purchased a PC in March of this year, and pretty much from the beginning it's been aggravating to me. I would like to avoid refunding the whole thing if at all possible refunding would be very inconvenient for reasons I'd rather not get into, but I would be amenable to refunding and replacing one or two parts if a hardware issue is identified.

Here's a list of symptoms that is about as complete as I can make it, and some observations about how they seem to be triggered:

- Webpages randomly crash. This is a big one, and has affected all three browsers I've tried to varying extents Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. It was by far the worst with Firefox, which was prone to crashing completely and then being impossible to reopen instead it would open a dialogue box that gave me the option to send the error logs to Firefox. Chrome seems to be a bit better than Edge, but not by much.

These crashes seem to be most common on pages that have a lot of Javascript and fancy things going on, like Google Drive apps and YouTube, but they have affected basically every website I frequently visit at some point, including Google search results.

- Random blue screens. An even bigger one. There generally seems to be no warning before a bluescreen will happen, but from what I can tell, if the PC doesn't bluescreen in the first hour or so after I turn it on, it won't bluescreen at all. Sometimes it will bluescreen before I even have a chance to log in, or just turn itself off without any messages or warnings shortly after the boot screen.

The messages on these blue screens are cryptic and inconsistent. Below is a list of the most common ones that I've seen in these last few months.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION what failed: win32kfull.sys

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY what failed: FLTMGR.SYS

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

- Sometimes an application will fail to open. Sometimes, when I open an application that has been working just fine for a long time, it will fail to open and present an error message of some kind, which seems to vary based on the application. This has so far only affected certain applications: League of Legends, Steam including various Steam games, and Discord. This is relatively easy to fix I just run the installer again and it usually works afterward, no uninstall needed, but I figured I'd mention it in case it helps.

- Applications sometimes crash if I click too quickly. This has only affected League of Legends and Monster Train, but as far as I can tell that's only because these are the only applications where I'm prone to spam clicking. Like the other issues, this is inconsistent, and sometimes won't bother me for an entire four hour session... and sometimes will happen twice in thirty minutes if I don't regulate my clicks.

- SFC /SCANNOW and similar commands find problems, but can't fix them. I've been trying to research these issues on my own, and came across a few ways to try to diagnose and repair issues with a corrupt Windows installation through the command line. To date none of them seem to have done anything: they either return an all clear, or messages such as "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

So far all of these issues have persisted through multiple reinstallations of Windows. The bluescreening one in particular has had a worrying habit of eventually going "terminal" and rendering it impossible to boot Windows entirely, forcing me to reinstall Windows just to get the PC working again, but it hasn't done this in two months since my last reinstall.

This has really been troubling me all year, so I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on this issue!

:)

OwlShapedGhoul, Sep 28, 2020

2. Another Blue Screen of Death question

Howdy! I've got a seemingly randomly occurring blue screen of death.

What causes the issue: I've got no idea, it is seemingly random.

Steps I've done to troubleshoot: I looked through the minidump files in windbg and searched for drivers. My issue is 0xA IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the drivers that popped up were different every time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and updated and removed
    all of the drivers named but to no avail.

I think that maybe I should start at the beginning though. What should be my step 1 to troubleshoot?

DanielLynch_818, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Auschwitz Win User
    Random blue screen of deaths!!!

I get blue screen of deaths usually when I'm watching YouTube videos or playing video games it also happens at random.
    Attachment 51018 Any help would be much appreciated

Auschwitz, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

New PC plagued with seemingly random blue screens of death

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

New PC plagued with seemingly random blue screens of death

1. New PC plagued with seemingly random blue screens of death - Similar Threads - plagued seemingly random

2. Blue screen of death at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death at seemingly random times: Lenovo legion 5 15ach6hAMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzNvidia Geforce GTX 165016GB ram dual channel both 3200MhzI'm not seeing any pattern for the crashes, it seems entirely random I've had it crash during windows updates, while trying to reset the pc to...
  3. Blue screen of death at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death at seemingly random times: Lenovo legion 5 15ach6hAMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzNvidia Geforce GTX 165016GB ram dual channel both 3200MhzI'm not seeing any pattern for the crashes, it seems entirely random I've had it crash during windows updates, while trying to reset the pc to...
  4. Blue screen of death at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New PC Built with randomly BSOD Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Built with randomly BSOD Blue Screen of Death: Can someone help provide more insight into this issue? Link to .dmp file https://we.tl/t-xp4LRVsYXo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-built-with-randomly-bsod-blue-screen-of/b8962186-dbd1-4eba-8444-de53daddf62f
  6. New PC Built with randomly BSOD Blue Screen of Death

New PC Built with randomly BSOD Blue Screen of Death: Can someone help provide more insight into this issue? Link to .dmp file https://we.tl/t-xp4LRVsYXo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-built-with-randomly-bsod-blue-screen-of/b8962186-dbd1-4eba-8444-de53daddf62f
  7. New PC Built with randomly BSOD Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Having Random Blue Screens of Death on a New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having Random Blue Screens of Death on a New PC: Can anyone help me narrow down the potential issues causing these random blue screens? I've posted the crash dumps below. I have a suspicion it's either an unverified driver or maybe a conflict between RAM. Those are the only things I've changed before these blue screens...
  9. Having Random Blue Screens of Death on a New PC

Having Random Blue Screens of Death on a New PC: Can anyone help me narrow down the potential issues causing these random blue screens? I've posted the crash dumps below. I have a suspicion it's either an unverified driver or maybe a conflict between RAM. Those are the only things I've changed before these blue screens...
  10. Constant Blue Screens Plaguing PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Blue Screens Plaguing PC: Hello! I have been attempting to trouble shoot my custom PC for roughly 6 months now and I am at a loss. Here is my parts list: Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU AMD Ryzen 7 RAM 64.0GB Tridentz 4X16 Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X570...