Windows 10: New PC, problem need help Chromecast, Casting, NAS

Discus and support New PC, problem need help Chromecast, Casting, NAS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi previous pc setup was working fine, new pc cannot cast to device, chromecast or access my NAS. Headache need help after hours of meddling. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ace-Jr, Jan 16, 2020.

1. /u/Ace-Jr Win User

New PC, problem need help Chromecast, Casting, NAS

Hi previous pc setup was working fine, new pc cannot cast to device, chromecast or access my NAS. Headache need help after hours of meddling.

I have tried turning on and off my kaspersky total security, windows defenders, turn on discovery network and workgroup. Nothing helps. Please advise

Samsung TV and NAS is listed in device but it state "Not Connected"

submitted by /u/Ace-Jr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ace-Jr, Jan 16, 2020
  2. S-and-S Win User

Casting PC to Chromecast

You can certainly cast from your PC with a Chromecast - here's an introduction:

How to cast: A quick start guide

You can't setup a Chromecast from a PC. You'll need your Android phone and the Google Home app.

S-and-S, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 16, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

(You know that Chromecast only works with the Chrome browser, right? I'm sure you already know that, but just in case ...)

It's easy to cast a single photo from your Pictures folder, but if you want to cast more than a single photo you'll have to cast from the Google Photos website.

Casting a single photo is easy because Chromecast can cast tabs. Simply open a photo in a tab and cast that tab.

To cast from Google Photos:

• On Chrome, go to photos.google.com.
    • Click View > Cast...
    • Select your Chromecast
    • To stop casting, click View > Cast... > Stop casting.

S_and_S, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. New PC, problem need help Chromecast, Casting, NAS - Similar Threads - problem need help

2. New PC, Loads of problems, need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC, Loads of problems, need help!: I just built a new gaming pc, i keep getting the blue screen errorsSTOP code errors and i cant figure out what drivers to install. My pc keeps shutting down eveytime i login. and when i try to run my hdmi our of my graphics card the screen is black. HELPI have windows 11and a...
  3. New PC, Loads of problems, need help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC, Loads of problems, need help!: I just built a new gaming pc, i keep getting the blue screen errorsSTOP code errors and i cant figure out what drivers to install. My pc keeps shutting down eveytime i login. and when i try to run my hdmi our of my graphics card the screen is black. HELPI have windows 11and a...
  4. How can I cast my PC to my Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I cast my PC to my Chromecast?: I've tried connecting to wireless display but it seems to only want to connect to Bluetooth devices. I tried using Chrome and casting my desktop from the browser but that keeps switching to cast tab when I open steam big picture. I have my PC in my office and I'd like to be...
  5. Chromecast log in for new PC and HUB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromecast log in for new PC and HUB: I have used the original Chromecast for years, on two earlier Tablet PCs. Now that I need to connect to my new Tablet PC and a new Hub supplied by m y Broadband service, I often get a message on the TV saying "Reconnect me ---the TV cannot find the wireless HUB" etc. Only my...
  6. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How can I cast from this laptop to the TV?...
  7. i nam trying to cast using chromecast

in Windows 10 Customization
    i nam trying to cast using chromecast: cast using chromecast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-nam-trying-to-cast-using-chromecast/4b6c3887-6a0a-4422-974d-ea6c93f9f733
  8. Casting PC to Chromecast

Casting PC to Chromecast: Is this possible and where do I find info on how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting-pc-to-chromecast/8d41162b-3230-421c-ba7f-0f3d5f14917b
  9. NAS or new PC

NAS or new PC: House move prompting thoughts about a quieter and smaller set of kit and just trying to work out if I should go to NAS or stick with PC and laptop for use in two different locations. Currently I work from two locations. In location 1 I have PC with data drive and second data...
  10. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast: I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to cast photos from Windows Pictures sub-folders to my TV using Chromecast. I am able to cast other things but not this. When I right-click a photo in a Pictures sub-folder and then click "Cast to Device" I get "Searching"...