Windows 10: New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE I will refuse to pay. How do I stop this??

Discus and support New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE I will refuse to pay. How do I stop this?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 home HP Slim 502 Not my 1st Windows PC. Been away for a while.. but this... I opened File Explorer and found some of my folders are in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by viewerx111, Jan 12, 2021.

1. New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE I will refuse to pay. How do I stop this??

Win 10 home HP Slim 502 Not my 1st Windows PC. Been away for a while.. but this...

I opened File Explorer and found some of my folders are in ONEDRIVE and not on my HDD. I did not ask for this.

They want money over 5G. I have folders with 15 G in them. [Not yet migrated until this is fixed] Until I calm down I call this ransomware forced on me.

Please let me know in detailed steps [I am ADHD and can get it wrong easily] how to fix this.

Thank you.

Viewerx111

:)

viewerx111, Jan 12, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 12, 2021
  4. New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE I will refuse to pay. How do I stop this??

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE  I will refuse to pay.  How do I stop this?? 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE I will refuse to pay. How do I stop this??

1. New PC put some folders in ONEDRIVE I will refuse to pay. How do I stop this?? - Similar Threads - put folders ONEDRIVE

2. How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive: Hello,I have some software that stores files in Documents/*******how do i stop these from syncing and only have them saved on my PC?this extremely annoying I cant run this software without onedrive syncing and its a huge amount of data that does not need to be backed up and...
  3. How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive: Hello,I have some software that stores files in Documents/*******how do i stop these from syncing and only have them saved on my PC?this extremely annoying I cant run this software without onedrive syncing and its a huge amount of data that does not need to be backed up and...
  4. How do I remove my onedrive folder from one computer and put it on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove my onedrive folder from one computer and put it on a new computer?: I want to move my onedrive folder from my old computer to a new computer. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-onedrive-folder-from-one/b306eef9-b594-4ddf-99f9-fa4b75fe294f
  5. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  6. How do i automatically put files in folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i automatically put files in folders?: I have about 2600 word documents (.doc and .docx) that need to be sorted into folders on their respective names. The thing is that I want the files to automatically move into folders based on their file contents. For example, if 10 files out of 2600 contain the word "orange"...
  7. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?: I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync? I have researched this...
  8. How do I put a password on a folder?

How do I put a password on a folder?: How do I put a password on a folder in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-password-on-a-folder/1a677087-8aed-42a9-a57e-6197d4c0a122
  9. How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?: How do I stop the Attachments folder from reappearing in OneDrive? 123805
  10. I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?: I put my "THIS PC" folder and my "OneDrive" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo? 103327