Windows 10: New PC set up

Discus and support New PC set up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While setting up a new PC the screen reduced itself to a small box in the center of the screen. How can I restore it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesCochran1, Jun 29, 2020.

1. New PC set up

While setting up a new PC the screen reduced itself to a small box in the center of the screen. How can I restore it?

:)

JamesCochran1, Jun 29, 2020

2. Help with setting up a new pc

step one-
    REMEMBER THE FRICKIN SPACERS!!! If you dont remember to put the spacers in between the motherboard and the case, you will fry your motherboard, and go through a month and a half of RMA's (like me lol)
    step two-
    Wire all those annoying case-motherboard connections, because its alot easier to reach the connectors with the board outside the case
    step three-
    making sure that you don't have anything under the motherboard except spacers, put motherboard in case and screw in
    step four-
    insert CPU according to directions given to you by CPU company
    step five-
    set up the rest of the PC, you know what to do *Big Grin New PC set up :D
    step six-
    plug everything in
    step seven-
    find in motherboard manual the right button to get into BIOS. Press on button, and then hit the button to get into BIOS. Configure BIOS as you please.
    step eight-
    if you do not have an OS in the hard drive you put in, install it now. if you did, you will need to repair your OS. This will take some time... *Laugh :laugh:
    And thats it. you're done! you have a custom rig of gaming power! and if theres one step you need, its the one involving the SPACERS!!! good luck!*Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Setting up email account on the new PC.

Hi AudreyCannon1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to let you know that Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 are new apps from Microsoft to help you stay up-to-date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home,
    these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on what’s important across all your accounts.

• If you have tried to setup the account on the PC previously, then did you get any error code or message?
    • To get a better picture, I would like to know, are you are setting up the email account in the Mail app or the Microsoft Office Outlook application?

If you are configuring the email account in the Mail app, then suggest you to follow the steps from this article.

Set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10

Further, if you are trying to set up iCloud account, suggest you to refer to these articles to see if that helps.

iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2621?locale=en_US

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients:

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT202304

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Jon Cage Win User

New PC set up

Is it possible to set up a new manual wifi connection from the command line?

I'm trying to work out a solution to set up ad-hock wifi connections in Windows 8.1 based on the suggestions in a post on Micsrosoft's answers site. Is there any way to do the first few steps:

• go to "Network and Sharing Center"
    • click "Set up a new connection or network"
    • double click "Manually connect to a wireless network"
    • enter the SSID of the ad-hoc network (as shown by "netsh wlan show networks") into the "Network name" field
    • configure security settings accordingly
    • uncheck "Start this connection automatically" (important)

...without using the windows dialogs?

Jon Cage, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

New PC set up

1. New PC set up - Similar Threads - set

2. Add new row to result set returned by Entity Framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add new row to result set returned by Entity Framework: decimal openingBalance = GetCustomerOpeningBalance.GetOpeningBalancecontext,var_partyId,var_taxYearId;This way i am fetching opening Balance.Now i want to add this to the EF result returned when page number is 1 only. public static object...
  3. Add new row to result set returned by Entity Framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add new row to result set returned by Entity Framework: decimal openingBalance = GetCustomerOpeningBalance.GetOpeningBalancecontext,var_partyId,var_taxYearId;This way i am fetching opening Balance.Now i want to add this to the EF result returned when page number is 1 only. public static object...
  4. How can I set Windows 11 to enter standby only during night time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set Windows 11 to enter standby only during night time: I need to keep my computer alive during daytime especially working hours even if I am not at my computer. But I would like to enter automatically in standby mode if it's during night time, I will restart it again in the morning....
  5. How can I set Windows 11 to enter standby only during night time

How can I set Windows 11 to enter standby only during night time: I need to keep my computer alive during daytime especially working hours even if I am not at my computer. But I would like to enter automatically in standby mode if it's during night time, I will restart it again in the morning....
  6. Some tabs including settings shows up on a screen that doesn't exist. How can i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some tabs including settings shows up on a screen that doesn't exist. How can i fix this?: While using discord i saw that my pc detected 3 screens while i just got a second monitor, and one of them is where settings gets opened up at, but have no idea how to stop that screen or switch to that specific screen...
  7. Some tabs including settings shows up on a screen that doesn't exist. How can i fix this?

Some tabs including settings shows up on a screen that doesn't exist. How can i fix this?: While using discord i saw that my pc detected 3 screens while i just got a second monitor, and one of them is where settings gets opened up at, but have no idea how to stop that screen or switch to that specific screen...
  8. Microsoft Teams Rooms: Nightly Reboot set for the wrong time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Teams Rooms: Nightly Reboot set for the wrong time: I've had some instances where customers report their MTR systems reboot randomly, when checking the Task Scheduler I've noticed the time set for the Nightly Reboot is mid morning rather than early hours of the morning, has anyone else seen these issues?...
  9. Microsoft Teams Rooms: Nightly Reboot set for the wrong time

Microsoft Teams Rooms: Nightly Reboot set for the wrong time: I've had some instances where customers report their MTR systems reboot randomly, when checking the Task Scheduler I've noticed the time set for the Nightly Reboot is mid morning rather than early hours of the morning, has anyone else seen these issues?...
  10. "powercfg" with same settings on Win10 and Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "powercfg" with same settings on Win10 and Win11?: HiI want to use "powercfg" to export my power-settings on a Win10 PC and want to import them on a Win11 PC.Will this be successful or is it not possible?Thanks in advance!...