Windows 10: New PC settings cannot login

Discus and support New PC settings cannot login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just received a new PC computer. It seems I did something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought I followed the prompts correctly, but was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JeffreyFisher3, Dec 4, 2021.

1. New PC settings cannot login

I just received a new PC computer. It seems I did something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought I followed the prompts correctly, but was distracted by a customer call in the middle of the process. It went to a login screen for Windows and when I enter my email and password it says the login or password is wrong. I have tried every possible option and still cannot access the laptop. At this point I just want to discard the settings and start over, but my tech skills are apparently out of date as I can't figure out how to make that happen. Is there a way to restart PC and start over?

:)

JeffreyFisher3, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

New PC settings cannot login

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

New PC settings cannot login

1. New PC settings cannot login - Similar Threads - settings cannot login

2. cannot login to Win8 laptop to transfer files to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot login to Win8 laptop to transfer files to new pc: i am not able to login to Win 8 on my old laptop. It tells me it is offline and to use the last password known on that laptop. I checked and it shows it is connected to the internet, but every password i try is incorrect. It will not accept a new password that i just reset...
  3. cannot login to Win8 laptop to transfer files to new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot login to Win8 laptop to transfer files to new pc: i am not able to login to Win 8 on my old laptop. It tells me it is offline and to use the last password known on that laptop. I checked and it shows it is connected to the internet, but every password i try is incorrect. It will not accept a new password that i just reset...
  4. Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen: Ok, so I just bought a new pc. Got it yesterday, set up the admin profile like I've done on dozens of computers over the years.. Played games for a few hours. Shutdown. Start it this morning, go to login screen. Click Sign In. And it kicks me backs to date and time screen....
  5. Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen

Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen: Ok, so I just bought a new pc. Got it yesterday, set up the admin profile like I've done on dozens of computers over the years.. Played games for a few hours. Shutdown. Start it this morning, go to login screen. Click Sign In. And it kicks me backs to date and time screen....
  6. Cannot login to my New PC, stuck at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. New PC settings cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC settings cannot login: I just received a new PC computer. It seems I did something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought I followed the prompts correctly, but was distracted by a customer call in the middle of the process. It went to a login screen for Windows and when I enter my email and...
  8. New PC settings cannot login

New PC settings cannot login: I just received a new PC computer. It seems I did something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought I followed the prompts correctly, but was distracted by a customer call in the middle of the process. It went to a login screen for Windows and when I enter my email and...
  9. New Laptop Login settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop Login settings: When I go to login with a Microsoft account, it has me enter my email address and the password, when it comes up with the screen asking to enter in the password one more time, it keeps telling me the password is wrong but it's not. The only way I could login to my PC was...
  10. Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC: I purchased a new laptop. I went through the initial set up and selected "organization" vs. personal as I do have a business account for my small business. It will not accept any of the three Microsoft accounts I have. I can't even get to the internet or control panel -...