Windows 10: New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!

Discus and support New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bought a brand new Dell laptop and powered it up. It asked me a question at the beginning when setting up for the first time "Do you want to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by White-Tailed Kite, Oct 28, 2019.

1. New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!

Bought a brand new Dell laptop and powered it up.

It asked me a question at the beginning when setting up for the first time "Do you want to use OneDrive to back up your files? ..." I thought it was cool and said "Yes". Everything was fine.

Only later I discovered that answering 'Yes' to the question above means that when you save your files from "Word", all the folders such as Documents, Downloads etc. all point to "OneDrive/Documents" "OneDrive/Downloads". By itself that is totally fine with me and I don't care.

MAJOR PROBLEM:

The real issue is that Word and other Office apps do NOT allow me to save the files in those folders without Internet access at that moment (complaining that OneDrive folder could not be accessed)!

Saving a file/folder MUST always be allowed with or without Internet access, whether OneDrive folder is used or not.

How should I fix that problem?

The only workaround right now is to explicitly select "c:\Users\<username>\Documents" folder when saving files, but that does not 'back up' files to OneDrive. Yet that workaround is better than not being able to save the files at all. Internet access is not always available on this traveling laptop.

:)

White-Tailed Kite, Oct 28, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet! [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Rockman. Win User
    internet explorer doesn´t load any page

I tryed all 3 methods but got no success.

The funny thing is that IE is working fine on a new created test account (like method 3 suggests) but after this I switch back to my account and confirm IE is useless.

In sum IE not working on my account which is the admin one, but it is working on other accounts I create.

Doesn´t make sense to me...

Rockman., Oct 28, 2019
  4. SK_808 Win User

New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!

Windows 10: Internet Explorer doesn´t start

Hello,

after Upgrade to Win 10 and a Reset of Windows (Clear Install) Internet Explorer doesn´t start. All Updates are installed. No changes in Internet options done so far.

A deinst an new inst via windows functions do not lead to new situation.

What else can I check?

Regards

SK

[moved to en-us forum]

SK_808, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!

1. New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet! - Similar Threads - setup Doesn't allow

2. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  3. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  4. My PC is connected to the internet through Ethernet and it allows me to browse the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is connected to the internet through Ethernet and it allows me to browse the internet...: So I can use Google, Spotify and Discord as they all connect to the WIFI however certain apps such as Steam, Battle.net and EA give me errors every time I try to connect them to the internet, I also cant update my Windows 10 as it says "We couldn’t connect to the update...
  5. Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive: Recently I got a computer and had an nvme drive installed. There were oddaties, I had one big file which I preferred if it didn't change it's location so they had to split drives and so on and so forths anyways I'm trying to save a file in c but I'm getting a prompt saying...
  6. File History new setup doesn't work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History new setup doesn't work: Setup file history new per instructions I found online. Pretty straight forward select folders, select a drive, set frequency, tell it to perform first backup. All went fine and initial backup was created, and I could view required files in the Previous Versions tab of folder...
  7. IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE: HELP! AFTER SCANNING THE DOCS. IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-scan-its-not-allowing-me-to-save/b03cd8c6-13d5-412e-b588-9af1469840c9
  8. The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet: Where I work we're transitioning away from having Internet Explorer 11 as our default browser, to Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser. So, I've been testing various web apps I'm responsible for. One of them does cause a problem. The former developer wrote it to...
  9. Windows 10 will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet.: Windows will not allow me to log on to my computer without internet. If internet is down I cant use my computer. How to fix this windows major flaw?? * Moved from IE11/Win 10 * Original title: windows 11 will not allow me to log on to my compter without internet....
  10. saving in a file location not allowed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving in a file location not allowed: I am trying to use a program called ccomp, its a stand alone efi program I use to tune efi vehicles, my old laptop crashed, got his new one and installed the program, went well, but when I go to save a file in the program it says please contact sytem admin due to I do have...