Windows 10: New PC setup first user account

Discus and support New PC setup first user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a new PC with Win10 Home Premium and went through the initial setup process using my primary Microsoft email address. I am now set up as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joacchim, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Joacchim Win User

New PC setup first user account

I just bought a new PC with Win10 Home Premium and went through the initial setup process using my primary Microsoft email address. I am now set up as an administrator but for safety and security reasons, would prefer to use a standard account. How can I dissociate my name and Microsoft email from the initial administrator account and attach/associate it with a new, standard account?

If I had it to do over again, I would have set up the first, admin account without an email address, then added my preferred standard account with my Microsoft account email address, but hindsight is 20/20. Is there any way to fix this other than a complete reset of my new PC???

:)

Joacchim, Oct 12, 2018

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2018
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 13, 2018
  4. New PC setup first user account

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

New PC setup first user account

1. New PC setup first user account - Similar Threads - setup user account

2. New user account setup install random language to my PC, every time it restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    New user account setup install random language to my PC, every time it restart: Recently, I've been looking for issue how window install language pack to my PC every time when I restart [Device Info: Surface Pro 4, window 10 up to date (auto update)] The language I use on my PC is just 2 (Thai, English (US)) so switch shortcut is fine. but every...
  3. New PC Windows10 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC Windows10 Setup: Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't look like a work or school email address. Use another address or select 'Back' to set up Windows with your Microsoft...
  4. User setup using PCMover to transfer data to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User setup using PCMover to transfer data to new PC: I have noticed the following after I have transferred data/programs using PCMover: On my old machine I had 1 user (B) containing ALL, SYSTEM, Administrators (X), Users (X\Users).(Plus standard Default and Public. (Disks C, D/E, F/G on 1 SSD/HDD combi and 2 HDD's) After I...
  5. new user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new user account: how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/new-user-account/254b067d-9b37-4ae2-b4ce-15cf2f1a5e63"
  6. account setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    account setup: My wife has a Microsoft account on my laptop. I now got her a separate laptop. I created her Microsoft account on it but when the screen opens up it does not load her personalized account that includes Office, etc. What do I need to do to get them connected?...
  7. Unable to setup new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to setup new user account: I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result. Right now the only user account on my machine is the system admin account, which I had to setup to get admin permissions going on my computer. Now...
  8. How To Set Up User Accounts On First Installing?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Set Up User Accounts On First Installing?: I mean I've done it wrong. How to get it right. I just made a new win10 install on a new hard drive. And without thinking I gave my username as george - my son's name - and went ahead. Now he's an admin login. Which is no good. When I first realised I thought I'd...
  9. NEW PC Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEW PC Setup: Hi All Newer Gaming PC from Asus arriving by Monday, getting things in order So far got all the drivers for the external hardware Plan on transferring sorta new ssd to the new machine, will be used as boot drive First gonna do system image of current hard drive in the...
  10. 2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup

in Windows 10 Support
    2 users, 1 pc: multiseat setup: Hi, My PC is used for everything. Games, videos etc. Games, not FPS, just lego games, Trine, Magicka. The GPU is more than capable. My wife currently uses her laptop for everything else. However all games are played with me on my PC. Her laptop is a Toshiba 17" which I...