Windows 10: New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot

Discus and support New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm attempting to set up a new PC, running Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.867, however when I start it up and click on the wifi button it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Porcubear, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Porcubear Win User

New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot

I'm attempting to set up a new PC, running Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.867, however when I start it up and click on the wifi button it shows no available networks. If I turn on my mobile hotspot I can see and connect to that and all the built in troubleshooting tools say the network adapter is fine and don't flag up any other problems other than "you aren't connected" or "you haven't chosen one of the available networks" if I run it while it's not connected to my hotspot. I've already done some pretty extensive troubleshooting:

- updated drivers using the Intel website. adapter is IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168. current driver version is 19.51.33.1.

- updated Windows

- restarted the router

- services.msc shows all the services relating to the wlan/network that have been suggested in other threads are already running

- disabled and stopped IP Helper also in services.msc and restarted, no change so re-enabled it

- made sure network discovery is turned on

- confirmed location is correct

- in the properties of the network adapter under Advanced tab I have tried all different values for the 802.11a/b/g and 802.11n/ac Wireless Modes

- I have attempted to join the home wifi manually by typing in the SSID and password, it says it successfully added the network but hasn't connected to it and still does not show it as an available network done this both for the standard network and the specifically 5Ghz

- the expected wifi networks do not show in the command prompt when running netsh wlan show networks, nor do they show in the wifi menu from the lock screen

- ran several command line prompts as admin, eg netsh int ip reset, netsh winsock reset

- in MS Config changed startup selection to normal start up was on selective startup and restarted computer. at this point it briefly showed my home wifi network and I started connecting to it, but then it reported "cannot connect to this network" and it disappeared again.

- uninstalled the network adapter and restarted computer

I've probably missed a few as well. I went through the whole 16 pages of this thread and did basically everything with no change.

Obviously since it's brand new there's no VPNs or malware.

I'm on the other side of the house from the router so running ethernet would be impractical and I'd rather not spend up to $100 in local currency for a USB wifi adapter as someone else on that thread ended up doing, especially since I don't actually know that it would work.

:)

Porcubear, Mar 10, 2021

2. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks.

My friend, with his phone, has successfully connected to my mobile hotspot, so I don't think this is an issue with the source, rather, the issue is with my PC.

Yes I have connected my PC to my mobile data hotspot a few months before.

I did go to "manage known networks" and forget the network after noting that the network wasn't available, hoping that it will appear as a new network.

It didn't.

I'd like this issue to be resolved, and if any information is required, please do ask.

Thank you for your time!

Daryl Ng Chun Pinn (keey5dnc), Mar 10, 2021
  3. Mobile hotspot not showing in the network connection

I was trying to connect my mobile hotspot to my laptop, it stated connected but no internet (There was no issue with the internet in my mobile). Then I thought i would just forget the network and windows would find it again .Since then my mobile hotspot
    is not showing up in the available networks list. I also tried changing the mobile hotspot name and password it didn't work as well.

Any ideas on what to do?

Sruthi_raju, Mar 10, 2021
  4. New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot

Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot

1. New PC shows no available networks except mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - shows available networks

2. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks: Hi, I am narender and I am not able to fetch my network in the available networks section. I tried so hard but still not able to see. Please help anybody. In my other phone it works but in this phone it doesn't. Thanks for helping...
  3. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks: Hi, I am narender and I am not able to fetch my network in the available networks section. I tried so hard but still not able to see. Please help anybody. In my other phone it works but in this phone it doesn't. Thanks for helping...
  4. Not able to see my mobile hotspot in available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  6. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  7. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  8. Mobile hotspot restricting network

Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  9. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks: I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks. My friend, with his phone, has successfully connected to my mobile hotspot, so I don't think this is an issue with the source, rather, the issue is...
  10. Mobile hotspot and network problems

Mobile hotspot and network problems: Hi, recently my computer had a network issue where wifi connection was not an option anymore anywhere in my computer. Ever since that I have restarted my computer as well as reset all my network settings which did fix the wifi issue but led to my mobile hotspot on my computer...