Windows 10: New PC slower and full of lags

Discus and support New PC slower and full of lags in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, after a lot of years I finally got myself a new PC. Previously I've got one of first gen of Intel i5 CPU, and 12GB of RAM, upgraded SATA to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrejPirman, Aug 4, 2020.

1. New PC slower and full of lags

Hi,

after a lot of years I finally got myself a new PC. Previously I've got one of first gen of Intel i5 CPU, and 12GB of RAM, upgraded SATA to faster SSD.

Now I've got i7-9700 with 64GB of RAM and ultra fast 2TB NVMe Samsung 970 EVO PLUS, which really shines with up to 3500MB/s! And platform is brand new Fujitsu Celsius Graphics station....which I got rid of NVIDIA 2200 graphics card, because I really do not need it. It's my home workstation, a bit of server and desktop, engineering machine, not gaming.

But honestly...this new top gun is actually SLOWER than almost 10 years old one! And I haven't install even near to all needed apps on it, which were running on old PC, like IIS web server with MySQL and PHP for dozen of test web sites, and some ESX and Veeam control software, ESET remote admin and many more - I had all those on old PC, and it was running smooth. And Windows 10 versions were both 1909 on old and new PC.

This one now is LAGGY, mouse hiccups all the time.

Every time it goes to sleep it resets window sizes to 860x770px here's the post on this issue, not resolved.

Apps, like Outlook, Excel or Word simply do not open faster than on old PC. Yes, I do have OneDrive and I think it is guilty for delays on this one.

Any idea what should I do?

Just don't tell me to re-install something or reset settings, because it is FRESH INSTALL, all settings are default! All drivers are OEM fresh, all firmware is FRESH, all updates are on, and Windows is patched to latest updatest ...except to 2003 update...yet

:)

AndrejPirman, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 4, 2020
  4. New PC slower and full of lags

W10 getting slower/lagging more (wondering if its somthing I've done)

Hi

OK, so I am a little confused by the results. Here are some screenshots from you first suggestion, run LatencyMon
    New PC slower and full of lags [​IMG]

I should say that during the time this was running, I did not have any issues, but the first time I ran it I was having the usual problems with System Interrupts hogging th CPU, and the text in green at the top was black and said something to the effect that there were problems with the tcp/ip driver and it was causing problems. The computer locked up enitrely before I had a chance to take a screen shot, and I had to restart.

Next I looked at the Drivers tab...

I see nothing here that woudl suggest there was a problem

However, it was a different story with CrystaInfo...

What I find confusing here is that the figures for Reallocated Sectors Count on the the two "caution" drives, D: and T:, arent a lot differen from this on the B drive, whic is reapoted as healthy

B: 100 : 100 ; 36
    D: 100 : 100 : 36
    T: 99 :99 : 36

Does this mean I am running out of spare sectors?

PS: I will try running LatencyMon if the issues start up again.

ETA: Forgot to add the LatencyMon text report

smartcooky, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

New PC slower and full of lags

1. New PC slower and full of lags - Similar Threads - slower full lags

2. Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing: Lagging And apps and games crashing pcHello my brand new pc is lagging when i want to play a video on my video editor thats lagging a lot the same when i play roblox the hole game lagging, some time its crashing as i have many games, apps and popups openhow can i fix that, i...
  3. Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing: Lagging And apps and games crashing pcHello my brand new pc is lagging when i want to play a video on my video editor thats lagging a lot the same when i play roblox the hole game lagging, some time its crashing as i have many games, apps and popups openhow can i fix that, i...
  4. very slower internet speeds and lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slower internet speeds and lagging: When I go to look in task manager it shows that my send and receive speeds are 20-70 Kbps when my speeds are supposed to be 250 Mbps+ and even when I'm playing games it's super laggy and almost unplayable and I use an ethernet cable. Furthermore when i go online and do an...
  5. very slower internet speeds and lagging

very slower internet speeds and lagging: When I go to look in task manager it shows that my send and receive speeds are 20-70 Kbps when my speeds are supposed to be 250 Mbps+ and even when I'm playing games it's super laggy and almost unplayable and I use an ethernet cable. Furthermore when i go online and do an...
  6. PC Started being slower startup slower than usual

PC Started being slower startup slower than usual: Hello, Today i started my PC and i noticed my PC is taking time to start longer than usual, It starts up with a Lenovo logo, that's normal, but the logo should be there max 1 second, now its 30 seconds, when I get to screen where I log in everything works normal, I noticed...
  7. PC Started being slower startup slower than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Started being slower startup slower than usual: Hello, Today i started my PC and i noticed my PC is taking time to start longer than usual, It starts up with a Lenovo logo, that's normal, but the logo should be there max 1 second, now its 30 seconds, when I get to screen where I log in everything works normal, I noticed...
  8. Lag Mouse on new desktop PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lag Mouse on new desktop PC: Never had this problem before. Tried a bunch of recommendations found online, some of them that went deep in the system, but nothing worked. Last thing I tried was to try and move the mouse away from the wifi router but that also did nothing. Not sure if just mouse or other...
  9. Old games lag on my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games lag on my new PC: I have a hard time running games pre-dating 2007 over 30 fps. However I can run newer games on a much higher fps. I tried running games in compatibility mode but the lag still persists. The games that I'm trying to play right now is Far Cry 1 and HALO 2...
  10. Performance of pc get slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance of pc get slower: I have instal the window 10 on my pc then after my pc get slower as my pc is of 1gb ram then tell please what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-of-pc-get-slower/ec9d7ed0-f8ef-4516-b19f-cfc9dedc8987