Windows 10: New PC - User Account Setup Guidace

Discus and support New PC - User Account Setup Guidace in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I will be configuring a new Windows 10 Home PC soon. To be specific, using the Out of Box Experience after opening a store-bought laptop. The last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davecope22, Oct 17, 2020.

1. New PC - User Account Setup Guidace

I will be configuring a new Windows 10 Home PC soon. To be specific, using the Out of Box Experience after opening a store-bought laptop.

The last time I did this, in 2016, I caused myself some confusion between the name of the Windows user and the Microsoft Account.

What I want is a Windows user similar to TheFamily and the Microsoft account which is my email address.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks

:)

davecope22, Oct 17, 2020

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 17, 2020
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 17, 2020
  4. New PC - User Account Setup Guidace

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

New PC - User Account Setup Guidace

1. New PC - User Account Setup Guidace - Similar Threads - User Account Setup

2. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...: Should a user PC account be replaced with a new user account periodically? My login is slow, could that be due to a problem/problems with my user account?...
  3. New PC setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC setup: I got a new PC from my work and I'm stuck on the "Who's going to use this PC?" screen. I tried putting in my own name and password and the ones that my company gave me but keep hearing "that name doesn't work." I'm using regular characters for everything but nothing seems to...
  4. New PC setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC setup: I got a new PC from my work and I'm stuck on the "Who's going to use this PC?" screen. I tried putting in my own name and password and the ones that my company gave me but keep hearing "that name doesn't work." I'm using regular characters for everything but nothing seems to...
  5. New PC Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC Setup: Current setup is this. PC#1: Private network. Connection to the web is via Ethernet cable via a Wi-Fi router. Wi-Fi is disabled. I get much faster D/L speeds via Ethernet. PC#2: Using same Wi-Fi router of PC#1, but using Wi-Fi to connect to the web. Much slower D/L speeds...
  6. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??: Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID....
  7. New pc setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New pc setup: I want to set up a new computer for use in my own home for me only as a local user with no password and no need for system administrator overrides or permissions to access any and all files and folders on my own computer. Are their instructions for doing this? I also want...
  8. New PC setup first user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New PC setup first user account: I just bought a new PC with Win10 Home Premium and went through the initial setup process using my primary Microsoft email address. I am now set up as an administrator but for safety and security reasons, would prefer to use a standard account. How can I dissociate my name...
  9. Unable to setup new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to setup new user account: I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result. Right now the only user account on my machine is the system admin account, which I had to setup to get admin permissions going on my computer. Now...
  10. NEW PC Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEW PC Setup: Hi All Newer Gaming PC from Asus arriving by Monday, getting things in order So far got all the drivers for the external hardware Plan on transferring sorta new ssd to the new machine, will be used as boot drive First gonna do system image of current hard drive in the...