Windows 10: new Pc very slow in old game

Discus and support new Pc very slow in old game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im playing a game from 2006 which uses directx9 and I recently bought a new pc. My fps are between 25-45 in this game and in other high end games I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fatih kurt1, Feb 5, 2023.

1. new Pc very slow in old game

Im playing a game from 2006 which uses directx9 and I recently bought a new pc. My fps are between 25-45 in this game and in other high end games I easly reach 144. How can I fix this?

:)

fatih kurt1, Feb 5, 2023

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Kamil2EE Win User
    Playing old pc games on new laptop(windows 10)

Can't play an old pc game on my new laptop. Tried clicking on properties but next step was click on compatability tab and this tab was not there??? Tried another way to run a test program for compatibility but it didnt run. Triedin MS-DOS mode didnt
    work. And tried running DOS BOX installing, it installed but didnt open to see if coukd find game and play. ???

Kamil2EE, Feb 5, 2023
  4. new Pc very slow in old game

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

new Pc very slow in old game

1. new Pc very slow in old game - Similar Threads - very slow old

2. new Pc very slow in old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new Pc very slow in old game: Im playing a game from 2006 which uses directx9 and I recently bought a new pc. My fps are between 25-45 in this game and in other high end games I easly reach 144. How can I fix this?...
  3. Very Slow PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Slow PC: Windows 11. PC becomes very slow, and almost freezes with CPU and Memory both at 60%. Then after a long time, the screen goes black for a few seconds and comes on again with the PC now becoming absolutely fine. Now, CPU shows at below 10%. Please help. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X...
  4. Very Slow PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Slow PC: Windows 11. PC becomes very slow, and almost freezes with CPU and Memory both at 60%. Then after a long time, the screen goes black for a few seconds and comes on again with the PC now becoming absolutely fine. Now, CPU shows at below 10%. Please help. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X...
  5. PC very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC very slow: My pc recently started to be very slow and I don't know the reason for why it's slow. It might be because my ssd is full where my windows is installed on but I don't understand why is my SSD full so fast because 2 days ago I left it 19gb free and now it's 1,4gb free...
  6. PC very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow: My pc recently started to be very slow and I don't know the reason for why it's slow. It might be because my ssd is full where my windows is installed on but I don't understand why is my SSD full so fast because 2 days ago I left it 19gb free and now it's 1,4gb free...
  7. PC very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC Very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Very slow: Can anyone help with sorting a slow PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-very-slow/c15cbabe-12f4-4dd7-a945-de658f412325
  9. New PC Is Very Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Is Very Slow: I just got a new PC today and it's really slow, like to the point where it takes 2 minutes minimum to do anything and it crashes as well as white screens very often. Since it's new I've only downloaded Spotify and steam and have 800gb free as well as 8gb ram. How can I help...
  10. New PC very slow browsing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC very slow browsing.: Hi, I have a new PC (1 week) with 4GB ram - AMD Dual Core A4 and as it is sluggish with browsing I have done some speedtests with different Browsers and also the Win 10 App. My ISP is Virgin Media Up to 200 Mbps App: [ATTACH] Chrome: [ATTACH] Firefox: [ATTACH] Edge:...