Windows 10: New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

Discus and support New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, I have built a new computer a few days ago and I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in random intervals. I am attaching the dump file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spenaterr, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Spenaterr Win User

New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

Hello there,

I have built a new computer a few days ago and I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in random intervals. I am attaching the dump file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar_PdoxExqOkrC6o6cm1WPBcfXDs?e=fvA7HZ

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock Wraith Stealth cooler)

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 3GB

RAM: PATRIOT Viper 4 Blackout Series 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 (A2/B2 slots)

MB: ASRock X370 Pro4

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Gold

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Spenaterr, Nov 2, 2019

2. My pc keeps crashing with bsod " whea_uncorrectable_error"

My pc keeps crashing with bsod " whea_uncorrectable_error" , fresh windows install, please help me

stefaneugen, Nov 2, 2019
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Hello everyone,

I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled.

I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite" sound interface connected with in Firewire 400 or 800. To be able to use it on recent computers I use a PCI-Express Firewire card, that worked great on my last computer (a Hewlett-Packard computer with A8-6500
    CPU and Windows 10 x64 too). When i got my new computer I installed this Firewire card and it installed correctly.

But now, as soon as I switch up my audio device, I get in the next seconds a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Analysis of the dump files shows this :

"This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x42667)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFA581D338F028, 0xB4002800, 0xC0135)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll"

and

"This was probably caused by the following module: ohci1394.sys (ohci1394+0x56E8)

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys"

I've found out that people having these issues could fix them using the "legacy" version of the 1394 bus drivers (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e-does-not-work-correctly-in-windows-8-1-or-w), which i downloaded
    and installed with no result. The only difference is the BSOD occurs when I use the sound interface (e.g playing a sound) when before, only switching on the device was enough for the BSOD to occur.

Does someone have an idea on how to fix this and make my Firewire card stable again ? It worked great with no issue at all on my last PC, so why should it stop working now ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

WilburnStonecipher, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Davidou42 Win User

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Hello everyone,

I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled.

I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite" sound interface connected with in Firewire 400 or 800. To be able to use it on recent computers I use a PCI-Express Firewire card, that worked great on my last computer (a Hewlett-Packard computer with A8-6500
    CPU and Windows 10 x64 too). When i got my new computer I installed this Firewire card and it installed correctly.

But now, as soon as I switch up my audio device, I get in the next seconds a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Analysis of the dump files shows this :

"This was probably caused by the following module:
    hal.dll (hal+0x42667)

file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll"

and

"This was probably caused by the following module:
    ohci1394.sys (ohci1394+0x56E8)

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys"

I've found out that people having these issues could fix them using the "legacy" version of the 1394 bus drivers (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e-does-not-work-correctly-in-windows-8-1-or-w), which i downloaded
    and installed with no result. The only difference is the BSOD occurs when I use the sound interface (e.g playing a sound) when before, only switching on the device was enough for the BSOD to occur.

Does someone have an idea on how to fix this and make my Firewire card stable again ? It worked great with no issue at all on my last PC, so why should it stop working now ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Davidou42, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

2. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games: my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-my-laptop-got-bsod/d4554e28-3fbc-4405-bc0a-92aa14cafc82
  3. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games: my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-my-laptop-got-bsod/d4554e28-3fbc-4405-bc0a-92aa14cafc82
  4. can you help me ? my laptop got bsod whea_uncorrectable_error while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error"

BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error": I've been getting BSOD a lot recently past few weeks. Each time was playing a game. Every time it BSOD it unable to create any dump files in C:\Windows.Here is the Event Viewer System logs.SystemLogs.evtx...
  6. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR PLEASE HELP: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Does anyone know how to fix this ive been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks with no luck here are the two recent dump files...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR `I've been getting a lot of BSOD and image freezing, looking for...: Hello, appreciate any help up front.I've been getting an increasing number of BSOD as well as overall graphical freeze ups that can only be fixed by force powering off my computer. Hoping to get some help as I haven't been able to find a fix. I've been cleaning everything...