Windows 10: New PC will not boot from USB or DVD

Discus and support New PC will not boot from USB or DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am building a new PC and, when I try to boot the machine from either a USB created by the Media Recovery tool, or from the proper Windows 10 DVD that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SadFanBoy, Apr 15, 2019.

1. SadFanBoy Win User

New PC will not boot from USB or DVD

I am building a new PC and, when I try to boot the machine from either a USB created by the Media Recovery tool, or from the proper Windows 10 DVD that I bought, the machine simply goes to BSOD and gives me error codes, mostly SYSTEM PTE MISUSE or PAGE ERROR FOUND IN NON-PAGED AREA. The system doesn't even have an OS on it, so how can it give me these errors? I am unable to get the machine into Safe Mode, and the steps for getting into the Advanced Recovery area does not work either.

From the sounds of things, this is a hardware problem, but I cannot figure out where the problem lies.

:)

SadFanBoy, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Cannot dual boot or boot from usb/dvd.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Have you changed the boot priority to USB/DVD?

First you need to verify and if necessary change the boot order in the BIOS settings so that your PC will boot from the DVD drive (or USB device if you created a bootable USB Flash drive). You can do this by making the DVD drive / USB device the first device
    listed in the boot order and the hard (or SSD) drive your second device the BIOS, exit as save the BIOS changes.

I suggest you to follow the link suggested by J W Stuart on January 23, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-and-

windows-10-preview/9e9b6066-d99b-4d2f-84dc-38e646c3c6ae

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 15, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

Did anyone solve this problem of clean installing a 64 bit version of Windows on old hardware?

I have Windows 10 FCU 32 bit working on a Socket 939 motherboard. My CPU meets the Windows 10 64 bit requirements provided I do a clean install. However, I'm stuck as others on this thread have noted:

1. My PC doesn't support booting from USB sticks. I tried the Plop boot manager to boot from a USB stick but that didn't work.
    2. I created a boot DVD via the Media Creation Tool which just stops with a Window logo. The DVD is fine since I can boot it on 2 other more recent PCs.
    3. Other DVDs e.g. a Reflect recovery DVD do boot fine in the old PC

Why can't I boot from the DVD created by the Media Creation Tool on an old PC?

Steve C, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. New PC will not boot from USB or DVD - Similar Threads - boot USB DVD

2. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  3. new w10 won't boot from DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new w10 won't boot from DVD: I have just upgraded my PC and have bought a fresh w10 since I was unable to port my old one over. When I switched it on I set it to boot from the DVD drive in which I put the new w10 disc. I am now facing problems booting. It just goes blank, or it hangs on the manufacturer...
  4. Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB: I tried to restart my 'backup' PC , after a couple of weeks off , and got a message saying "The PC has run into a problem and we will restart it" It then says Preparing Automatic Repair before setting off into a repeat cycle, i tried to boot from a USB Recovery and a DVD with...
  5. PC will not Boot from USB

PC will not Boot from USB: I know this is a very common problem but I still need help non the less. I recently purchased a PC at a garage sale (it actually turns on and displays the bios) that has and Intel core 2 duo 8GB of DDR2 ram all on a Intel Desktop Board DQ35JO. I recently put Windows 10 (x64...
  6. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  7. Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD': I have a new HP X360 14-ba151sa with Insyde BIOS. Yesterday I created a Macrium recovery disk, went into BIOS and moved USB CD/DVD to top of the list, F10 and exit. The system booted from DVD OK. Today, I wanted to boot from the DVD again, but this time the little arrow is...
  8. UEFI laptop, booting from DVD or USB fails

UEFI laptop, booting from DVD or USB fails: Hi On this new laptop which appears to have UEFI and Legacy BIOS settings, setting UEFI settings to boot from DVD or USB first in order to run a bootable format disc to preformat before a clean install has thrown an error message that ..."boot from [xx device] failed."...
  9. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...
  10. Boot From USB/DVD

Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium system_pte_misuse