Windows 10: New PC Windows 10 Install

Discus and support New PC Windows 10 Install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't seem to find a clear answer for online. I have a PC now that has Windows 10 Home installed that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hue_sick, Feb 24, 2021.

  1. New PC Windows 10 Install


    Hi everyone,

    I have a question that I can't seem to find a clear answer for online. I have a PC now that has Windows 10 Home installed that I purchased through Newegg in 2017. It was a digital copy so they sent an email with the product key and I downloaded my version and installed everything without issue.

    Now I have decided to update my build and in that process I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my new equipment. I read that you can transfer the license or copy of windows to any new machine if you purchased a retail copy but nothing specific that I can find says if that applies to digital installs as well. I'm pretty sure I can do this I just want to make sure first.

    My next question is then if I need to reinstall windows can I just download and install with that same key, format my old machine and be done with it, or do I need to go through the process of deactivating my license and activating on my new machine? I've seen articles online about that but they don't really get specific about the install on the new machine from what I've seen. I could just be searching the wrong articles though.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hue_sick
    [link] [comments]

    :)
     
    /u/hue_sick, Feb 24, 2021
    #1
  2. CK011885 Win User

    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

    I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?
     
    CK011885, Feb 24, 2021
    #2
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

    What's your intended PC specs ??
     
    r.h.p, Feb 24, 2021
    #3
  4. New PC Windows 10 Install

    windows xp installation and dual core am

    could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx
     
    exodusprime1337, Feb 24, 2021
    #4
Thema:

New PC Windows 10 Install

Loading...
  1. New PC Windows 10 Install - Similar Threads - Install

  2. Comet Browser not working, installing or opening on Windows PC

    in Windows 10 News
    Comet Browser not working, installing or opening on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Comet is one of the first AI browsers to integrate conversational search and agentic capabilities; however, many users have recently complained that they can’t install the browser on their Windows computers. Even if the installation goes through, the browser won’t...
  3. How to install and set up DBeaver on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to install and set up DBeaver on Windows 11: [ATTACH]DBeaver is a popular tool for managing databases. It allows you to connect to databases, run SQL queries, browse tables, edit data, and manage database objects all in one place. DBeaver works with many databases, including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and...
  4. Unable to install Docker Desktop on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Docker Desktop on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Docker Desktop is one of the easiest ways to run containers on Windows 11, but installation can sometimes fail or get stuck before setup completes. This can happen because of missing Windows features, an outdated WSL installation, disabled virtualization, or an...
  5. Hermes Agent Tips and Tricks; Best Practices for Windows install

    in Windows 10 News
    Hermes Agent Tips and Tricks; Best Practices for Windows install: [IMG]AI agents are slowly becoming a part of our everyday lives. They can browse the web, execute commands, work with files, and more. One such AI agent that is becoming really popular is Hermes Agent. It is an open-source AI agent that can interact with your operating system...
  6. Microsoft Ships Windows 11 Tool That Installs a Bing Extension in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Ships Windows 11 Tool That Installs a Bing Extension in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave: Microsoft has created a standalone application for Windows 11 that installs a Bing browser extension in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave and then asks users to make Bing their default search engine. The tool, known as Microsoft Recommended Search Settings, is distributed as a 22.2...
  7. How to install and use Gemini CLI on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to install and use Gemini CLI on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Gemini CLI brings Google’s Gemini AI directly to the Windows Terminal. Instead of opening a browser every time you want to ask Gemini something, you can run it from PowerShell and use it to work with files, write or explain code, troubleshoot errors, and perform other...
  8. Stop automatic installation of manufacturer bloatware on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Stop automatic installation of manufacturer bloatware on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows PCs come with many apps and programs installed with the operating system. In addition, manufacturers install a few more apps that we normally do not install or use. It won’t make any difference if they are installed and stay unopened. They run at startup and...
  9. Windows AI Agent Installation errors and their solutions

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows AI Agent Installation errors and their solutions: [ATTACH]Running an AI agent locally on Windows has several benefits. It ensures complete data privacy because all your files stay on your PC. Moreover, you can integrate these AI Agents with your system to build AI-powered desktop automation workflows on your Windows 11...
  10. Windows 10 KB5120249 keeps the OS protected, direct download links for offline installer (.msu)

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5120249 keeps the OS protected, direct download links for offline installer (.msu): Windows 10 KB5120249 is now available as part of the August 2026 Patch Tuesday for PCs enrolled in the Extended Security Updates (ESU) program. In addition to Windows Update, Microsoft has posted direct download links for KB5120249 offline installers (.msu) on the Update...