Windows 10: New PC Windows 10 Install

Discus and support New PC Windows 10 Install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a question that I can't seem to find a clear answer for online. I have a PC now that has Windows 10 Home installed that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hue_sick, Feb 24, 2021.

1. New PC Windows 10 Install

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I can't seem to find a clear answer for online. I have a PC now that has Windows 10 Home installed that I purchased through Newegg in 2017. It was a digital copy so they sent an email with the product key and I downloaded my version and installed everything without issue.

Now I have decided to update my build and in that process I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my new equipment. I read that you can transfer the license or copy of windows to any new machine if you purchased a retail copy but nothing specific that I can find says if that applies to digital installs as well. I'm pretty sure I can do this I just want to make sure first.

My next question is then if I need to reinstall windows can I just download and install with that same key, format my old machine and be done with it, or do I need to go through the process of deactivating my license and activating on my new machine? I've seen articles online about that but they don't really get specific about the install on the new machine from what I've seen. I could just be searching the wrong articles though.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/hue_sick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hue_sick, Feb 24, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 24, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 24, 2021
  4. New PC Windows 10 Install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

New PC Windows 10 Install

1. New PC Windows 10 Install - Similar Threads - Install

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  4. How do I resolve "The PC doesn't meet the minimum systems requirements to install this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve "The PC doesn't meet the minimum systems requirements to install this...: I created a boot drive on a USB using the MediaCreationTool_Win11_23H2.exe. When booting from that drive I am receiving the following error message: "The PC doesn't meet the minimum systems requirements to install this version of windows."I believe the PC does meet the...
  5. Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates: In the past couple of weeks, Quickbooks is crashing doing various functions after Windows Updates were installed. I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2 under the most recent version of Parallels. Intuit verified that my company files are good and then working with Parallels we...
  6. Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates

Quickbooks is crashing after installing recent Microsoft Windows 11 updates: In the past couple of weeks, Quickbooks is crashing doing various functions after Windows Updates were installed. I am running Windows 11 Home 23H2 under the most recent version of Parallels. Intuit verified that my company files are good and then working with Parallels we...
  7. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  8. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  9. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  10. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....