Windows 10: New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me

Discus and support New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For years, I used Windows Photo Gallery to organize and edit my photos, which number in the low thousands. I knew MS was dropping support of it, but as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Curmudgeon10, Aug 10, 2022.

1. New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me

For years, I used Windows Photo Gallery to organize and edit my photos, which number in the low thousands. I knew MS was dropping support of it, but as long as it worked for me --- and it did everything I wanted it to --- I didn't care. But now, with the new PC and upgrade, I've lost Photo Gallery, and must deal with Photos.The PR says Photos keeps all your pics "in one place." But just where is that one place? I cannot find anyway to display directory locations of a photo shown in the App. Am I supposed to be able to?When I was using Photo Gallery, I had all my photos organized in a numb

:)

Curmudgeon10, Aug 10, 2022

2. Baffled by Windows 10

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Windows 10 comes inbuilt with Photo app, the Photo app will combine both on-device photos as well as those located on a user's OneDrive account, and eliminates any duplicate photos. The app will also
    include some automatic image enhancing, but users an can toggle on/off to see the original photo. The enhancements will remove red-eye, balances.

I would suggest you to copy the images individually & paste in the photo app & check if the issue persists.

Also suggest you to the run windows app troubleshooter.

Run App Troubleshooter:

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

Please find the steps below for App troubleshooter:

• In the search tab type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Select System and security.
    • Click Windows update troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also suggest you to refer to the below link.

Windows help & learning

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 10, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 10, 2022
  4. New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me

Transferring Photos from iPhone7 with IOS 11 to PC with Windows 10

• I took 3 photos with my phone and tried to send them to my PC.

I downloaded the photos from iCloud to my PC using a USB cable, but then I could not find the pics after searching every link and folder.

So I went to the multicolored photos app on my iphone, checked the photos and mailed them to myself with the intent of copying them to the desktop or storing them in my pics or download folder.

The files are jpegs but when I saved them to my desktop, so I could attach them to an email message, it did not work.

The pics were stored in html, only option; and I have a big Google icon as a shortcut.

So........I have three pics in an email message but I can't drag them anywhere else.

How can I convert them or take a pic to be stored in the same manner if I saw a pic online and right clicked to save?

I want to move them from the iPhone to an email message.

I want to use them as an attachment ( jpeg? ) but ideally I would like to post the pic in my email so it occupies a larger area that does not need expanding like a jpeg photo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Raymond
      DallasSilver Iphone 7 128GB

EDITREPORT
      + QUOTEREPLY

New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me avatar_male_m.png

RaymondWindoz10, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me

1. New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me - Similar Threads - Photos App Baffles

2. A weird bug that baffles me for months now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird bug that baffles me for months now.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DiGriW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17ijz01/a_weird_bug_that_baffles_me_for_months_now/
  3. New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Windows 11 Photos App Baffles Me: For years, I used Windows Photo Gallery to organize and edit my photos, which number in the low thousands. I knew MS was dropping support of it, but as long as it worked for me --- and it did everything I wanted it to --- I didn't care. But now, with the new PC and upgrade,...
  4. How to use the new Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the new Photos app in Windows 11: [IMG]Windows 11 is hitting headlines with its UI and features that are new for a PC. Microsoft has changed some aspects of the Photos app too. In this guide, we show you how to use the new Windows 11 Photos app. Photos app is a good one that lets you view pictures, do basic...
  5. I'm baffled at this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm baffled at this: I have a problem that I don't have a clue what is causing it. What it is, is the bottom 1/3 of my monitor screen is shaded and divided into squares. They will be there when I turn the computer on and throughout the use, they will go away for a couple of seconds, then...
  6. Can somebody explain this to me, im baffled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can somebody explain this to me, im baffled: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/borked3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fe31cw/can_somebody_explain_this_to_me_im_baffled/
  7. I'm Baffled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm Baffled: I have a problem ! I am the only user on my pc and use a local admiistrator account so i do not have to sign in everytime. Today i tried to create a task in scheduler,i went through all the usual stuff has i have done in the past but cannot create it as it keeps showing a...
  8. Organising photos in the new windows photo app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organising photos in the new windows photo app.: Hi, please can I ask if anyone knows how I Can create a gallery, like the old windows live photo gallery in the new windows photo app? It was just a really easy way to organise and edit photos and I would like to create something similar....
  9. Baffling PC Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Baffling PC Question: Okay, this is going to be a long post but I've pretty much tried everything I can google/think of. Okay, so I recently built this computer. Upon starting the computer, everything was fine and dandy for about a week. After that first week, every time I started a game, I would...
  10. Win 10 Search Baffles Me!

in Cortana
    Win 10 Search Baffles Me!: Why didn't Search find the folder with the word Wood? See snip. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-search-baffles-me/16b6f93f-c55d-4503-9396-010c61c0f648"