Windows 10: New PC Windows10 Setup

Discus and support New PC Windows10 Setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobbSharpe, Jan 17, 2019.

1. New PC Windows10 Setup

Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't look like a work or school email address. Use another address or select 'Back' to set up Windows with your Microsoft account." First of all, I'm entering my work email address so, I have no other address to use. What exactly is Windows looking for in a "work email address?" Secondly, when I click on the arrow (back), there is no option to set up Windows with my Microsoft account. What gives? Any useful input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

RobbSharpe, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 17, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 17, 2019
  4. RayBowes Win User

New PC Windows10 Setup

Windows10 update

Thanks for that Allan it worked exactly as you said (method 1)

Cheers

Ray

RayBowes, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

New PC Windows10 Setup

1. New PC Windows10 Setup - Similar Threads - Windows10 Setup

2. Windows RE in Windows10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows RE in Windows10 Pro PC: Not able to reagentc /enable on my PC. C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Disabled Windows RE location: Boot Configuration Data BCD...
  3. I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...

I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...: C: \ already installed a Windows10. D: \ & E: \ I use it for personal files. I also want to install a Windows 10 on my F: \, how do I do it? Please be more detailed....
  4. My windows10 keeps showing errors like this for the past day, with different "X.tmp",...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows10 keeps showing errors like this for the past day, with different "X.tmp",...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rramrram [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8i8hc/my_windows10_keeps_showing_errors_like_this_for/
  5. Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10: Windows10OneDrive[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%88%A0%E9%99%A4windows10%E4%BE%A7%E8%BE%B9/0957f089-3792-45e5-ba2e-3eeff13c1960"
  6. Audio/video glitching windows10 1909

Audio/video glitching windows10 1909: So after many failed attempts at windows trying to update itself from 1803 I took to these forums for a solution. First port of call was a bigger ssd for my os, cloned successfully still no luck updating. Next was software distribution delete, scnnow, and a bunch of other...
  7. For how long does Windows10 save thumbcache from DELETED folders/pictures ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For how long does Windows10 save thumbcache from DELETED folders/pictures ?: Hi, I was just trying to do a clean routine to my C:\ and i noticed the "Explorer" folder being larger than it should in "AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" , (~6Gb) went to take a look and there were various thumbcache_*.db files , i opened the largest one with a...
  8. Windows10 version 1909

Windows10 version 1909: Twice I tried to do the version 1909 update and twice it went to 91% and stalled for 4 hours. I had to abort and my laptop went back to previous version. What am I doing wrong? I have plenty of disk space. Thanks...
  9. Fan constantly running w/windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan constantly running w/windows10: My fan is constantly running on my Dell Inspiron laptop, using windiws 10. CPU is running <2% . Laptop doesn't seem to be running hot. I have powered down, unplugged battery and let rest for an hour. No improvement. Any help is appreciated....
  10. Windows10 AU install/setup Hyper Transport Sync Flood error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 AU install/setup Hyper Transport Sync Flood error: For people with older systems This desktop pc has MSI 785GM-P45 motherboard, AMD Athlon II x2 245e 2 core cpu 2.9GHz, 8 GB Dual-channel DDR3 667MHz AMD & Nanya ram 9,9,9,24,33,2T, MSI ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card , AOC F22 23 inch display monitor, 500 GB Seagate...