Windows 10: New PC Windows10 Setup

Discus and support New PC Windows10 Setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobbSharpe, Jan 17, 2019.

1. New PC Windows10 Setup

Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't look like a work or school email address. Use another address or select 'Back' to set up Windows with your Microsoft account." First of all, I'm entering my work email address so, I have no other address to use. What exactly is Windows looking for in a "work email address?" Secondly, when I click on the arrow (back), there is no option to set up Windows with my Microsoft account. What gives? Any useful input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

RobbSharpe, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 17, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 17, 2019
  4. RayBowes Win User

New PC Windows10 Setup

Windows10 update

Thanks for that Allan it worked exactly as you said (method 1)

Cheers

Ray

RayBowes, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

New PC Windows10 Setup

1. New PC Windows10 Setup - Similar Threads - Windows10 Setup

2. Windows 10 Setup Error: We couldn't install Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Setup Error: We couldn't install Windows10: Split from this thread. Hello sir, I am running Windows 10 1903 on my laptop. I have tried to upgrade it to 22H2. I have also followed exact same steps as depicted above. But still getting an error saying : We couldn't install Windows10. Both logs with Error screen are shared...
  3. Windows 10 Setup Error: We couldn't install Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Setup Error: We couldn't install Windows10: Split from this thread. Hello sir, I am running Windows 10 1903 on my laptop. I have tried to upgrade it to 22H2. I have also followed exact same steps as depicted above. But still getting an error saying : We couldn't install Windows10. Both logs with Error screen are shared...
  4. Windows 10 Setup Error: We couldn't install Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  6. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]: [Windows10] https://i.imgur.com/6VuM3Hn.png This is currently my triple monitor setup and im able to move the mouse without problems between Monitor 1 and 2 - and between 2 and 3. Im unable to move my mouse between Monitor 1 and 3 for some reason. Is there some fundamental...
  7. Impaired mouse movement in triple monitor setup [Windows10]

8. Corrupted SETUP File on Windows10 i.s.o.

Corrupted SETUP File on Windows10 i.s.o.: It appears that the setup.exe file in the Windows 10 i.s.o. on Microsoft’s website is definitely corrupted. I downloaded the Windows 10 i.s.o using the Media Creatiion Tool on a bootable flash drive as I intended doing an inplace reinstallation of the operating system on my...
  9. Corrupted SETUP File on Windows10 i.s.o.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted SETUP File on Windows10 i.s.o.: It appears that the setup.exe file in the Windows 10 i.s.o. on Microsoft’s website is definitely corrupted. I downloaded the Windows 10 i.s.o using the Media Creatiion Tool on a bootable flash drive as I intended doing an inplace reinstallation of the operating system on my...
  10. Corrupted SETUP File on Windows10 i.s.o.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade