Windows 10: New Pc with 1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD - where do I put my folders?

Discus and support New Pc with 1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD - where do I put my folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I dont know anything about SSDs so asking for advice. The picture shows c and d drive. Have put a few folders on c drive, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JO69, Jun 9, 2020.

1. JO69 Win User

New Pc with 1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD - where do I put my folders?

I have Windows 10.
    I dont know anything about SSDs so asking for advice.
    The picture shows c and d drive. Have put a few folders on c drive, but when I tried to add a few small videos it says its full
    Even though looking at it it is not
    Dont understand.

:)

JO69, Jun 9, 2020
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Jun 9, 2020
  3. JayRohwer Win User
    [Win10] How to properly migrate data from 128mb SSD -> 1TB Hard Drive.

Helllo! I recently got a nice new computer that combines a 128GB SSD drive and a 1TB Hard Drive. I only left the Windows OS and other systems on the SSD, as it has not that much space, and I'm presently migrating some games I accidentally installed on it.

I'm hoping to move my "Users" folder (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc) into the 1TB Hard Drive, as they will eventually take up a lot of space, and the SSD has nowhere near enough space to deal with that. Could I move these over to the 1TB with no issues,
    or are there any other ways to send those files to the 1TB?

Thanks!

JayRohwer, Jun 9, 2020
  4. New Pc with 1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD - where do I put my folders?

I want to change My SSD 2.0 Hard Drive of My Drive C to SSD 2.0 256GB, So Need to reinstall windows 10 Pro OEM. Will lost License when changing?

I want to change My SSD 2.0 Hard Drive of My Drive C to SSD 2.0 256GB, So I Need to reinstall windows 10 Pro OEM on my new SSD 2.0 256GB.

Will reinstalling Windows 10 Pro OEM on New SSD 2.0 256GB being lost License when changing SSD 2.0 of my drive C: ?

And What should I do on my old SSD 2.0 128GB because it contains License of Windows 10 Pro OEM ?

solidaritysarat, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

New Pc with 1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD - where do I put my folders?

1. New Pc with 1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD - where do I put my folders? - Similar Threads - 1TB Hard Drive

2. How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.: My old hard drive had a catastrophic failure so I am replacing with a new 1TB SSD. My son works for Microsoft and I get my software through the "friends and family" download link. How can I install Windows 11 and MS 365 on the new drive. Can I do this by locating the license...
  3. How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.: My old hard drive had a catastrophic failure so I am replacing with a new 1TB SSD. My son works for Microsoft and I get my software through the "friends and family" download link. How can I install Windows 11 and MS 365 on the new drive. Can I do this by locating the license...
  4. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  5. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  6. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive: I've recently bought a 1TB NVMe SSD that I'm planning on making my primary drive with Windows on and retiring my current OS drive which is a 120GB SATA SSD. The problem is the choices seem endless on what the best way to go about this is. There's things like the Creation...
  8. New 1tb SSD showing 256gb (ssd that was replaced) how do I make the unallocated space merge...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New 1tb SSD showing 256gb (ssd that was replaced) how do I make the unallocated space merge...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mikebrilliant [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvlt9q/new_1tb_ssd_showing_256gb_ssd_that_was_replaced/
  9. New 1tb SSD showing 256gb (ssd that was replaced) how do I make the unallocated space merge...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New 1tb SSD showing 256gb (ssd that was replaced) how do I make the unallocated space merge...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mikebrilliant [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvkxrr/new_1tb_ssd_showing_256gb_ssd_that_was_replaced/
  10. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327