Windows 10: New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue

Discus and support New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I robocopied via DOS all my files from my Windows 2007 old PC to preserve the original datestamps of all my files. Worked great but figuring out where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frustratedagain, Feb 5, 2020.

1. New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue

I robocopied via DOS all my files from my Windows 2007 old PC to preserve the original datestamps of all my files. Worked great but figuring out where the picture files actually exist is baffling. First of all they are not accessible from the "Pictures" folder in the Quick access area of explorer. In explorer a Pictures folder where all my photos and files can be found. I'm trying to figure out how to make them accessible in the Quick access area. In DOS they are not listed in the Documents directory. In DOS directory c:\users\myname Pictures is listed however c:\users\myname\pictures has 0 files. Properties in Windows10 claims their location is c:\users\myname\documents. I don't know where they are in DOS. I just want them to appear in the Quick access for quick access! Any clues on how to achiever this would be helpful!

:)

frustratedagain, Feb 5, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue :)

Naki, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue

1. New PC with latest version of Windows 10 Pictures location issue - Similar Threads - latest version Pictures

2. Latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest version of Windows 10: Microsoft Support advises:October 12, 2021—KB5006670 OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042 ... Microsoft SupportRelease Date: 10/12/2021. Version: OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288. NEW 10/12/21. IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 2004 will reach end of servicing on December...
  3. Latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest version of Windows 10: Microsoft Support advises:October 12, 2021—KB5006670 OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042 ... Microsoft SupportRelease Date: 10/12/2021. Version: OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288. NEW 10/12/21. IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 2004 will reach end of servicing on December...
  4. Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest version of Windows 10 on new computer. Highlighting and opening with hover issues: I really need help with my new computer. I never clicked on wanting to open things by just hovering in SETTINGS, yet hovering on a link, that is what happens. It is opening things I absolutely did not want to open. It closes things I do need. Also, just moving the curser...
  5. Latest Windows Update to new version

Latest Windows Update to new version: Hi, I recently accepted the Windows invitation to update my operating system. I am not happy with this new version as it takes forever to load 3 - 4 minutes, and gives only a blank screen when it is loading. The previous version loaded a lot faster. I go into Task Manager...
  6. Windows 10. Latest Version.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10. Latest Version.: You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements...... Problem i am having is that after the latest version installs i am...
  7. Latest version of windows 10

Latest version of windows 10: Hello Microsoft, I am having trouble with my laptop updating. I am using Windows 10 version 1903 I think. Then in the Windows Update tab it says this: Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get...
  8. Windows 10 latest version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 latest version: Win 10 - I've just gotten used to it on my domestic pc. This new pc in my office has given me panic attacks! It has taken since 5 February, when I bought it, to realise that this is avery sensitive operating system. Apart fromoutright ignoring my attempts at installing 3rd...
  9. Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues

Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues: Had anyone had any issues with location services not updating after the update to Version 1903? We have an application that is supposed to track your location as you are moving, but will only update when forced to refresh. It worked properly on the prior release of Windows...
  10. Windows 10 latest version

Windows 10 latest version: 7/27/18 Hello; Can anyone please help me..? A windows automatic update came to my laptop....the other day.. Ever since that I'm getting a screen on my desktop after signing on..; C://windows/sys32/dsrcedmg.exe Cannot access my desktop unless I close it out.. Ran a...