Windows 10: New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account

Discus and support New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Bought new PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is the only account. When I tried to use recovery tools such as command prompt or restore point I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nesagsar, Jun 25, 2020.

1. New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account

Bought new PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is the only account. When I tried to use recovery tools such as command prompt or restore point I do not have option to use them because I am only given option to login as defaultuser0 and cant. I dont want to try resetting Windows because the PC manufacturer did not provide a registration key. I shouldn't have to pay $200 to get a new key when it was supposed to come preinstalled.

submitted by /u/nesagsar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nesagsar, Jun 25, 2020

2. Get rid of Windows 10 defaultuser0

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow these steps to remove the user account from your computer and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “netplwiz” press Enter.

• Select the user account (defaultuser0), click the remove button.

Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. Once this is done restart the pc for the changes to take place.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Dolly Cab Win User
    Back-up error ivm defaultuser0 (Windows 10)

Hi Ingrid,

Defaultuser0 is a user account neither part of any user group nor it have any profile. Considering these, it is safe to remove it. There’s a possibility that the error occurs because the folders are not present
    on the computer.

Before removing it, we suggest that you Create a local user or
    administrator account in Windows 10
    and copy the important files on the new user account.

Go to the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel, and check if the
    defaultuser0 is present there. If yes, we need to remove it. You can follow the steps below:

• Open the Run Box (right click on the
      Start button and select Run).
    • Type netplwiz and click OK.
    • You will see this window. Select defaultuser0 and click
      Remove.

New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account 4105a63e-d952-4c2a-95be-a6ee63f9d19b?upload=true.png

If the defaultuser0 is not listed on the box. We’re going to use the command prompt to do it.

• Type cmd on the Cortana/Search bar. Right click on
      Command prompt and click Run as administrator.
    • Click Yes on the pop up of User Account Control.
    • Type net user /deleteuser0 and hit
      Enter.

New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account 0dd1466f-ae1a-4469-b06f-cc9a17fc5651?upload=true.png

After deleting the defaultuser0, please try to back up again.

We’ll keep an eye for your response.

Dolly Cab, Jun 25, 2020
  4. New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account

What is defaultuser0 and is it safe to delete?

What is defaultuser0?

Source Windows 10 Anniversary Update is creating “defaultuser0” profiles

Is it safe to delete it?

Yes. Use one of the following methods.

Source Windows 10 Anniversary Update is creating “defaultuser0” profiles

DavidPostill, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account

1. New PC with preloaded Win 10 - defaultuser0 is only account - Similar Threads - preloaded defaultuser0 account

2. Blue screen that tell me to select a account and it has only defaultuser0.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen that tell me to select a account and it has only defaultuser0.: after getting a backup That ain't end well my pc tell me "your device ran into a problem" then restart. Then goes to "preparing automatic repair" and send me to this blue screen wich says "select account" and as only defaultuser0 below that says "Forgotten your password or...
  3. Blue screen that tell me to select a account and it has only defaultuser0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen that tell me to select a account and it has only defaultuser0.: after getting a backup That ain't end well my pc tell me "your device ran into a problem" then restart. Then goes to "preparing automatic repair" and send me to this blue screen wich says "select account" and as only defaultuser0 below that says "Forgotten your password or...
  4. How to unlock the only account on a new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock the only account on a new pc: Hello, I have an issue I'm not sure what to do about. I was given a new pc by someone who didn't need it anymore. They had the pc reset to Windows 11 with an admin profile called GamerProfile. Well, I plug the pc in and turn it on, it went right into the account with no...
  5. How to unlock the only account on a new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock the only account on a new pc: Hello, I have an issue I'm not sure what to do about. I was given a new pc by someone who didn't need it anymore. They had the pc reset to Windows 11 with an admin profile called GamerProfile. Well, I plug the pc in and turn it on, it went right into the account with no...
  6. Defaultuser0 is on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaultuser0 is on my pc: It's on my PC and I can't access it at all, I can't go into the recovery page because advanced options nor reset PC is available. I can't go to command prompt either what am I supposed to do?...
  7. Defaultuser0 is on my pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Defaultuser0 is on my pc: It's on my PC and I can't access it at all, I can't go into the recovery page because advanced options nor reset PC is available. I can't go to command prompt either what am I supposed to do?...
  8. Defaultuser0 is on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts: What are the Win 10 preloaded user accounts? I used to have Administrator, Public, and our local accounts. Recently that changed. Public was dropped and Default Account, defaultuser, Guest, and WDAGUtilityAccount took its place. Was this from an update?...
  10. Windows 10 preloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 preloaded: Hi, so i bought a laptop from a guy , i understood that it has windows 10 already preloaded on it so i don t need a cd or usb , it s a lenovo t420 , but the guy pulled the hdd out of the laptop to keep it , now i m confused like how to activate windows from bios (if i have...