Windows 10: New pc with SSD and hard disk

Discus and support New pc with SSD and hard disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I configure Windows 10 to use my SSD for programs and D: drive for data?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lemp., Oct 6, 2018.

1. Lemp. Win User

New pc with SSD and hard disk

How do I configure Windows 10 to use my SSD for programs and D: drive for data?

:)

Lemp., Oct 6, 2018
  2. Perra Win User

Hard Rectangular Drive Could be the Hard Disk Answer to SSDs

You're probably right but until SSD's come down to a more reasonable price-level, I'm all for this kind of stuff. Can probably be a perfect stepping-stone from HDD to SSD.

If it ever gets to stores that is *Smile New pc with SSD and hard disk :)

Perra, Oct 6, 2018
  3. SSD not being shown in disk management

Western Digital got back to me and this solved my problem:

Thank you for your continued response.

Please perform the steps mentioned below to run Diskpart. Please note that following steps will erase all the data on the SSD including partitions and boot sector.

1. Open Command Prompt, Click on Start - Run - Type cmd and hit Enter.

2. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.

3. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.

4. Type sel disk #number, and then press ENTER. Number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.

5. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.

6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.

7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

FLY LIK A MUG, Oct 6, 2018
  4. New pc with SSD and hard disk

can i restore my win 10 to a new ssd hard disk from normal hard disk

can i restore my win 10 image to a new ssd hard disk . the image was taken from my old normal hard disk.

Abdelmonem Kamel, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

New pc with SSD and hard disk

1. New pc with SSD and hard disk - Similar Threads - SSD hard disk

2. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  3. Replacing New Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing New Hard Disk: Hello,If I restore a backup image of the system (which contains windows 10 and office) to a brand new disk (same computer), do I have to re-license /re-validate the windows and office ?Answers will be appreciated.ThanksWidows 10, 20H2 x64, 19042.1165 183706
  4. It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd: NOW I AM USING WIN10PRO WHICH IS INSTALLED IN MY NORMAL HARD DISK. AS MY SYSTEM IS GETTING SLOW I WISH TO CHANGE MY HARD DISK TO SSD. SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANFER MY ORIGINAL WIN10PRO TO THE SSD. IF YES HOW...
  5. change the hard disk with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  6. Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop: Is it correct to say when a file is deleted on a SSD hard disk, the space cannot be overwritten by another file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-ssd-hard-disk-on-my-laptop/7efa67c7-dc22-4570-aae4-6b3a5dddec70
  7. NVMe SSD shown as two physical hard disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe SSD shown as two physical hard disks: I have just installed a Samsung 512 GB M.2 NVMe 970Pro SSD,. The system detected the new hardware, but to my surprise there are 2 Nos of Physical Hard disks, One 476.94GB/512, and the other 10GB/512. Please see the attachment. [ATTACH] I formatted the bigger one, but...
  8. How to transfer programs from one hard disk to a new hard disk in the same PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer programs from one hard disk to a new hard disk in the same PC?: The short version is how do I transfer program files like Microsoft Office from one HD to another HD that are on the same computer. Once transferred the first HD will be removed and discarded because it is damaged. If this HD and PC completely failed I would have to do these...
  9. new disk ssd and new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    new disk ssd and new desktop: I want my old Desktop back but i dont want do download all the stuff on my ssd (Windows 10 pro ) so if there is a way to linkt the old desktop to the new one please tell me thankts !...
  10. Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale: See Daily free giveaways of paid apps & software | SharewareOnSale Very handy program to check/monitor your disk state. 107707

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new pc with ssd and hdd